Friday, 26 May 2017

Rose Challenge #6 & #7

Hello Friends,

I watched (and re-watched several times) a Donna Dewberry tutorial today on painting cabbage roses. It took me a while to catch on to her techniques and I threw some of my own spin on the paintings as well, but I am quite pleased with how these two roses turned out.
The reason I did a 2nd painting is that I got fed up with the first and grabbed another piece of watercolor paper to start over. The 2nd painting is actually the first one I started off with. My attempt at Donna Dewberry's leaves was a flop so I just kept my leaves rather sketchy and loose.
The biggest difference between these two roses and the first five I did is that I did not sketch anything first.

Thanks for dropping by. I do appreciate the visit and your sweet comments bring a smile to my face.

hugs,
Teresa

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

They are both fantastic. The buds o the second one are terrific. Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Just read your comment. You are always welcome to use any of my photos as reference pics! Have fun!

Nana Connie said...

Teresa, both are delightful but I really like the second one with the rosebuds. I think your leaves on that one are marvelous. Well done without any sketching first!

Angela Hoynes said...

Two beautiful roses! I like the outside petals better on the second on, but the white in the first is more eye catching. X

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous rose creations Teresa.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}