Thursday, 25 May 2017

Rose Challenge #5

Hello Friends,

Thank you for your dear compliments on the first four roses of my personal challenge. Would anyone else like to join me?

Here is #5, which I did this morning. I am making these small so they can go on cards and should work up fast. For today's rose, I used my Neo Colors II water soluble wax pastels. I did my initial drawing with the crayons directly on the page. Then I scribbled them on the tin case they come in and used my Pentel water brush to dissolve and apply them. I wanted the extra roses to sink into the background so I didn't do details.
Thanks for dropping in.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

4 comments:

Wies said...

Hi Teresa, I see I mist several post of your personal challenge. Lovely to see what a different effect the media you used give. I specialy like the first one, done in water colour paints.
Best wishes,Wies

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, your roses are growing on me, too! Hugs, Valerie

Nana Connie said...

This is the best one yet, Teresa! When you use it on a card, add a butterfly. I just know there would be a butterfly drifting near these roses. :-D

Angela Hoynes said...

What a great idea to use your paintings on cards, don't forget you can cut them too, so if you feel one area didn't work use the rest or stick an embellishment over the bit you don't like. A verse or a quote is great for covering areas too x.