Thursday, 28 July 2016

Kilroy Birthday

Hello Friends,

During the WWII a cartoon showed up often wherever American soldiers would go. It started with a USA Shipyard Inspector named James J. Kilroy. Lazy inspectors on the night shift would erase his chalk marks on inspected crates so he started making his mark by drawing a cartoon man looking over a fence and the words, "Kilroy was here". You can read the full story here.

I thought my version of Kilroy would look cute on the front of a birthday card. Actually, when I first drew this cartoon I had not heard of Kilroy. I was thinking more of the character "Wilson" on the 1990s show "Home Improvement".

Thanks for peeking in.

hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Greetings Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS
Fresh Brewed Designs - Birthdays

6 comments:

Jeanne Jordan said...

This is really clever and cute. I remember Wilson and think I have heard of Kilroy, too. I saw your card on SSS and just wanted to check out your blog! Jeanne

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

NanaConnie said...

This still makes me think of my dad since he's the one who introduced me to Kilroy in the first place. lol Great birthday card, my friend!

Cara Malmrose said...

I remember Kilroy from my days in school ... used to find him drawn everywhere! Cute card.
(Hugs) Cara

Gail said...

Super funny and nifty card! TFS at WAW - blessings!

Helen Gullett said...

What a fun fun fun card!
Thank You for playing with Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS Challenge!