Wednesday, 25 May 2016

100 Faces

Hello Friends,

Recently I joined a 100 faces challenge at Praise Heart Creative Community. I don't know how much I will get done before the end of this year, but I will probably do more than if I had not taken the challenge.

Lisa (owner of Praise Heart) gave a tutorial on how to draw a specific type of face, beginning with the eyes. This is funny because that is why I naturally started drawing faces, but I have tried to do it differently. This gave me permission to do it 'my way' and that it is not necessarily wrong, as I had thought.

here is the pencil sketch:
 And here it is after adding some colour and a verse.
The part I had the most trouble with is the hair. Hopefully that will improve as I work through this challenge.

Thank you for sharing part of my creative journey with me today.

hugs & smiles,
Teresa

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The face is beautiful. Have fun with the challenge! Hugs, Valerie

Wies said...

Wow Teresa,that's quit a challenge drawing a 100 faces. But it's a great way to get more experience in drawing and colouring all kinds of faces. I think this face is a realy good start. I only have some experience in colouring digistamps and find it difficult colouring the hair, specialy getting highlights in it.
Greetings, Wies

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I'm so looking forward to seeing what you do in this faces challenge, Teresa! I love this one, especially the colored version. Am hoping you might create one or two as digis for your followers. :-D

Karon said...

WOW - wonderful drawing and colouring! TFS