Thursday, 18 February 2016

Water Coloured Stamp

Hello Friends,

Recently Lindsay Weirich - The Frugal Crafter - showed a technique using water colour paints with stamps. The Hero Arts stamp I chose was not ideal, but I touched it up with water colour pencils. The background frame is water colour paints. The balloon has a shaker element and is a sticker. Other than the embellishments, this is a one-layer card. I did have to iron it though, since the water colour frame made the card front buckle.
I drew a little string from the balloon to her hand. This is a birthday card for my great-niece who will be one year old next month. I hope she likes the shaker element on it.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and look forward to reading your comments.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - monochromatic
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Shake it up
ABC Challenge - anything that starts with B (blue)
Crafts Galore Encore - use a digi or stamp
Crafting Musketeers - monochrome
Classy Cards 'n Such - Aqua and Coral

12 comments:

Angela Hoynes said...

Charming card. I have just had a look at that post and thought I would give it a try too.

Nancy said...

It looks great, Teresa! That balloon is a wonderful addition!
It looks like a cool technique! Have a great day! :o)

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, I am sure she will LOVE that shaker element! Hugs, Valerie

Wies said...

Nice card with cute stamp. Not a very easy way to colour a stamp I think.

Chasing the Dream said...

Oh my, this is so cute. Love the image and composition. I know you great niece will adore and keep forever. Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

DebR said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This method of coloring would be beyond me! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and be sure to play along again. It is a pleasure seeing your lovely work!

Karon said...

Wonderful water colour card. TFS

Sierra Winters said...

This card is great and would be perfect in the Coral & Aqua Challenge over at Classy Cards n Such. I hope you will link it up there. Come by to check it out!
Here's a link:
http://www.classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/2016/02/ccns-final-challenge-125-aqua-and-coral.html

Sierra Winters
www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

Cara Malmrose said...

Great effect with the watercolor and stamps Teresa! Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW that little balloon sure packs a punch...so much to look at and admire on it!!

Ileana A. said...

Wonderful original creation! I love balloon!

Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "Use stamp or digi".
Ileanaxx