Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Sunday CAS at The Outlawz

Hi Friends,

Well, it is February and I just managed to get all of my February birthday cards completed. I usually try to work a month ahead. I have in excess of 10 birthdays in March so I may be doing a lot more CAS designs. My favourite place to pick up inspiration for card designs is The Outlawz Challenge group. They have challenges every day of the week, plus a monthly progressive freebie challenge. I made a special Valentine's image for their challenge this month. You can purchase it by donating $1 to their Ning site. The image comes with three sentiments that fit within the heart. You also get five free images from The Outlawz with your donation, so that is a total of six images (plus 3 sentiments) for only $1.
The CAS challenge at The Outlawz this week is to make your own background paper. I tend to make papers and embellishments in batches, so this card went together in about five minutes. My paper was made by gluing thin strips of patterned paper to card stock in a diagonal, trimming it up and then embossing it with a folder.

The little flower was made with small squares (rounded corners). The center is a flower I cut out of another scrap of paper.
I felt the front needed a little something so I used a stamp from my new "God's Girls Creativity" acrylic stamp set by Shonna Buccaroff, which is available at the Faithart Shoppe at His Kingdom Come.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and look forward to reading your comments.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz CAS challenge - make your own background paper
613 Avenue Create - ATG (anything goes)
CAS on Sunday - paper piecing
Word Art Wednesday - ATG

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic work Sweetie, love the drawing and how you did the diagonal paper piecing, great effect, hugs, Valerie

Sheila H said...

Beautiful - thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

Zw@@n said...

Lovely card and pretty colours! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Natalie said...

Nice diagonal paper piecing for a CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!