Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Vintage Look Birthday Card

Hello Friends,

Yesterday I saw a gorgeous card over at Card & Scrap and knew I had to try it. With that, and the lovely inspiration photo at The Outlawz Colour Challenge this week, I came up with this design.
Now this is definitely not an A2 sized card, so I used a full 12x12 sheet of K&Company designer paper to make my envelope. Originally I was going to have the print on the inside, but it looked so nice, I decided to use labels and keep the pretty paper on the outside.
I stamped and embossed my sentiment on vellum and glued it to the front. I feel quite prosperous since my friend gave me three large books of discontinued wallpaper samples last week, including a huge sheet of vellum. Some of the papers I used in my card design were from the books.
It is so very nice to have friends and family members who save craft supplies for me. Little kindnesses, given at unexpected times and just because someone was thinking of me, are truly marks of a blessed and prosperous life.
Handmade embellishment
Back view
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so glad you took the time to do so and I hope you were inspired.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - inspiration photo
Path of Positivity - Prosperity
Use Your Stuff - 3 or more patterned papers (6, including envelope)
Word Art Wednesday - ATG (anything goes)

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a luxurious and beautiful card. Nice of your friend to give you the wallpaper book, kind friends make our lives so much better. Hugs, Valerie

Pippa said...

Lovely card Teresa and what a great use of old wallpaper samples. I love that fact that your friend's kindness made you feel prosperous and how you tied it in with the Path of Positivity Challenge, thank you for joining us. Pippa DT PoP

Lori m said...

I still sitting here saying……WOW…WOW…Teresa, this is so beautiful, just love it!
Hugs, Lori m

Lori said...

This card is beautiful! I love the handmade embellishment and that is awesome that your family and friends save crafty goodies for you! Thanks so much for joining our patterned paper challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Karon said...

Beautiful card and love the shape! TFS

Chrissy said...

STUNNING Teresa..love the design and papers and the gorgeous flowers...beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, Teresa! Gorgeous lace and I love your dp choices.

Angela Hoynes said...

Fabulous card Teresa. Everything goes so well together xx

Tammy L said...

This is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and all those great textures! Thanks for joining our challenge at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Lynn Holland said...

Popped by from Use Your Stuff. Your card is so pretty and very original
Lynn