Thursday, 7 January 2016

Late Christmas Present

Hello Friends,

My dear friend's father passed away this week and she traveled with her family for the funeral.

I was late making a present for them, which I had planned to mail. She was late posting her custom-made calendars too, so since they were here we got to exchange our gifts in person. She was so pleased with what I made, she suggested I make it an annual tradition.

I got the wooden forms from Michael's. I painted the parents' in gold, their two girls' in pink and their four boys' in blue. Then I decorated each front individually, including a W for their last name. I put their first names on the back of each, plus 2015. It turns out my friend has been trying to add individual ornaments to her tree each year, one for each child, but this year she didn't get around to doing it. Hence, her suggestion: "You could do this every year."
I altered an old Christmas card box with paint (the bottom) and scrapbook paper, then tucked the ornaments inside with some Christmas tree tissue paper so they will travel and store well.
The final touch was a matching tag that I adhere to the box front with double-sided tape.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and look forward to reading your comments.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - ATG (anything goes)/optional twist winter blues
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies (Formerly 2 Crafty Girls) - ATG/All Things Bright & Beautiful
Craft Your Passion - always ATG
Dream Valley Challenges - Christmas
Not Just Cards - always ATG
Our Crafty Corner - always ATG
Where the Heart is - ATG

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a wonderful idea, really made with love and thought, and great for the parents to have these lovely memories of their children on the tree. Hugs, Valerie

Chi Cr said...

Adorable ornaments! What a neat gift! :)

Cloud's said...

wow awesome Christmas surprise. lovely tag for Christmas!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful project at 2 Crafty Girls Challenges!
Hope to see you again.

Hugs
Lidya
2 Crafty Girls DT Member

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous colourful tags Teresa. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creations with us at Dream Valley Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

NanaConnie said...

There has long been a tradition in my family of giving/getting an ornament each year to the kids. That way, by the time they are grown and have their first apartment, they have enough ornaments to decorate a small tree. I got them every year from my parents and I have done it for my own kids for many years. I still do it only now I include grandkids and great-grands. For the last 20 years, the ornaments have all been handmade and everyone treasures them and the memories they evoke as they decorate the tree each year. :-D

Karon said...

These are so wonderful and so lovingly made! TFS

Heart Broken Designs said...

Wonderful tags! This are so creative! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion & hope to see you again this week. Thanks, Rina

Claire Rhodes-Brandon said...

Such a fun project. Thanks for joining in at WTHI, Claire xXx

MagsB said...

What a great idea, Teresa, these tags are so cute. How tough for your friend to have such a loss at Christmas - but, believe me, your thoughtfulness will have encouraged the whole family (I have been in that place, too.)

And thanks for joining in at Dream Valley, too!

love Mags B x

Helen said...

Beautiful and so creative.

Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon.

Helen x
(DT)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Teresa, what a lovely Christmas project you have made here which fits perfectly the Jade’s Sparkling Butterflies Challenge this fortnight of “Anything goes/all things bright and beautiful”. In one respect you could hand deliver it but on the other hand you wouldn't want to see a friend going through grief. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw.

Kym (Design Team Member)

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful gift and love all the different painted ornaments---Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner
Carol DT x