Monday, 11 January 2016

Embossed Gelato Birthday

Hello Friends,

Today's birthday card uses something I had in my stash for at least two years, when I first got my Gelatos. The kit came with a set of pages, each made of a different material. One page was embossed with lovely roses. I used various colours of Gelatos, rubbing them into the embossing with my fingers. What messy fun. :) The ribbons were also old stash items, including the skinny ribbon which I cut from a camisole. You know those annoying loops that serve no purpose except to threaten public embarrassment if you don't make doubly sure they are tucked in properly?

I used some new items on this design too. I picked up the twine border at the dollar store recently and the metal Joleene's cupcake sticker set was in my Christmas stocking.
Thank you for visiting my blog. In case you missed it, I gave away a free Valentine's digi & sentiment set on Sunday. You can find it here.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies - ATG/All things bright & beautiful
As You Like It challenge - ATG (anything goes)
Cardz 4 Galz - Something new (Border & Cupcake)
Craft Rocket Challenges - Happy anything
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Something new
Seize the Birthday - anything birthday
Word Art Wednesday - ATG
613 Avenue Create - ATG/birthday or anniversary

15 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous inking, Teresa! Love the multi-colored background! Fabulous design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge!

Chana Harris said...

Hi, Teresa,
This is beautiful! Love the colors and the composition. Very nicely crafted and very cheery! I hope you plan to enter this in our Birthday/Anniversary challenge at http://avenue613.blogspot.com . I will be on the look out!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such lovely words on my blog! I did, by the way, add to layers of batting beneath the burlap paper.

Hugz,
Chana

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love how you used the gelatos. Hugs, Valerie

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this looks sooo beautiful Teresa and you know what I too was playing with embossing folders today but I dont know how you got the gelatos to work for you so well. I have 2 and never could get them to work well!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful!
Thanks for playing at Seize the birthday!

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty birthday card! I really love your colorful background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

NanaConnie said...

WOW! What a gorgeous background, my friend! Perfect for showing off the sentiment and cupcake.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful and bright! Love the cupcake sticker! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Chana Harris said...

Hi, Teresa,
Again this is just lovely and so well executed! Thanks for helping us celebrate our 3rd Anniversary here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Sarah said...

Such a cheerful sunny card...great background. Thank you for sharing at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Bettina L. said...

This is one gorgeous card with use of gelatos. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina
DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

Angela Hoynes said...

Lovely twine strip. Do you have to go far to get to Michaels? Going to try this technique with my gelatos x

Julie B said...

What a great idea to make that background. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Galz. :)

karenlotty said...

Great card I really like those embossed roses Thank you for sharing with Craft Rocket challenges
Karen DT

karenlotty said...

lovely card I love those embossed roses Thank you for sharing with Craft Rocket challenges
Karen DT