Tuesday, 22 December 2015

The Outlawz Color Challenge - December 22

Hello Friends,

I have been guest designing with the talented Color Challenge team over at The Outlawz this month. For Week 4 (December 22) the challenge is to pick three colours from the palette and add either snow or a snowman.

I picked red, green & white and used white embossing powder for my snow.
My DH always has a little notebook tucked in his pocket or in the car. He likes a separate one for keeping track of his mileage when he is traveling for his business. I thought this would make a great stocking stuffer and I think he will like this cute Bugaboo image with its accompanying sentiment.
Terry likes trains so I used this vintage train paper by Sweetly Scrapped for the inside of the book.
I was able to print out four images per 81/2x11 page. I cut the page horizontally so I had two images, side by side on each piece. I trimmed around them and then stacked them and sewed the spines together. I had left a small space between the images when I printed them out. You can see the stitching on some pages, but not on others.
 I reinforced the cover spine with Duct tape, punched holes in it and then sewed all of the signatures (groups of sewn pages) into the spine with #10 red crochet cotton thread. I like how it stands out against the green Duct tape.
Terry will not know how much work went into this tiny project, but hopefully he will know that it was done with love.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.

Merry Christmas!
Teresa

Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - Christmas Anything goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Winter Wonderland
Crafty Calendar - Let it Snow
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG (anything goes)
Crafty Friends Challenge - ATG
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas
My Time to Craft - last minute Christmas makes
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Annual anything goes (no sketch)

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

But I know how much work goes into booklets like that, it is beautiful, and bears the greatest gift of love, nothing better. Hugs, Valerie

Lori m said...

This is so cute, beautiful card, adore the inside sentiment, I'm feeling a little like that now, flying any place sunny and warm lol. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family and all. Hugs, Lori m

NanaConnie said...

Finally managed to get online for a few quick visits. I love this little booklet, Teresa! It was a huge amount of work but is so perfect. Let me wish you a very Merry Christmas in case I can't get back online between now and Friday. Traveling certainly impacts my normal routine. :-D

Patricia St Martin said...

So adorable are the birds and love the snow. The trains are amazing. Wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs, Pat

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, what a fabulous design. Thank you for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Wies said...

What a lovely notebook.
Wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2016.

Maura Hibbitts said...

OMG, I love those birds, and your saying is so perfect for their expressions! Awesome touch with the snow, Teresa!! So glad you joined us for the winter wonderland challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

This is so cute! And what a great gift for your DH! Now he'll think of you every time he uses it!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Karen C said...

What a great idea! I need to make one of these to keep track of my mileage as well! Very clever, and this is adorable! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Kris B said...

What a fun notebook! Love the cute image and your "snow" looks great! The sentiment is perfect! I am sure your husband will appreciate such a special gift! Thanks so much for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches' annual anything goes challenge! Hope to see more of your wonderful creations in 2016!

CornishKat said...

What a lovely gift. Fab colouring and I love the papers you've used. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar,
Katrina x
p.s. I have some blog candy at the moment if you want to join in :)
http://cornishkat.blogspot.com

Blankina said...

Thank you much for having joined Crafty Friends with this sweet little notebook, good luck , hugs Blankina

Angela Hoynes said...

Great book, I am sure Terry was delighted.