Tuesday, 15 December 2015

The Outlawz Color Challenge - Dec. 15

Hello Friends,

I have been guest designing at the colour challenge at The Outlawz this month. This week's challenge is to use the four colours in the picture and make anything (papercraft) except a card.





For my project, I took this:
















And turned it into this:

















First I took it all apart and painted the inside with a dark charcoal that I got by mixing acrylic paint colours, most of which were leftover from other painting projects.
















I covered the outside of the box with a K&Company patterned paper, in the challenge colours, before I glued the box back together. I finished off the edges with a hounds-tooth Washi tape. The tape wasn't very strong so I reinforced it with double-sided tape.
















I had a lovely ribbon with dangling beads, but the ribbon was white. I sponged black archival ink onto it and also onto the layered fabric flower I added.














I wired some beads to make the stamen of the flower, but they didn't show up very well, so I added a small, pale yellow flower just under the beaded stamen. The final touch was a piece of red tulle.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - ATG (anything goes)
Crafting by Designs - ATG
Crafting for all Seasons - anything but a card

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fantastic box you made, so beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic project, Teresa! I love that houndstooth tape. What a great contrast to the lovely flowery paper. :-D

Wies said...

What a beautiful altered box. love the flower on top and the ribbon with dangling beads.

Helen Haines said...

Beautiful box great recycling and love those papers. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Helen DT

Karon said...

Fabulous gift box - love the papers! TFS

Ameera Craft said...

Fabulous gift box! Very original. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons challenge. Mary DT member xx

Cara Malmrose said...

Very creative Teresa!
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Angela Hoynes said...

I just love this box. I often think of keeping small boxes to "do" something with, but never do. Going to have another look at my boxes now :)

Penny said...

You are so good at repurposing items. You took an ugly tea box and turned it into a thing of beauty! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Barb said...

This is beautiful!!! Wonderful gift tags and so darling. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons, hope to see you again. Barb