Thursday, 31 December 2015

Hanging File Box

Hello Friends,

It is almost 2016 here in Atlantic Canada. Less than 2 hours away. This week I have been attempting to reorganize my craft space. It just feels good to me to start of the new year with a tidy, organized work area.

I was given lots of stickers and some other crafty goodies for Christmas. In fact, my sticker collection has been getting rather jumbled and almost bursting from the little drawers I had them in. I discovered some hanging folders in my office supply cupboard, but I had nothing in which to put them. Or did I? :)
The box I found was almost perfect for my letter-sized hanging folders when I taped up the sides. It just needed a bit more height so I chopped up some used file folders and used those to bump up the sides by another 1/2 inch. I used lots of masking tape and then added a green duct tape border to the top for looks and strength. Pretty huh? (just kidding) My next step was to decoupage the whole thing, inside and outside.
I added a big butterfly that I received from my family over Christmas. They usually have a craft care package for me no matter what time of year I go to visit. I was given two bags of stuff this time. Some will be great for our kids at church.
Here are the hanging folders in the box. These ones are all attached to each other. I don't know where we picked them up; probably at a yard sale.
I sorted and categorized my stickers; then made tabs for each folder. There are a few un-labeled folders at the back. I didn't write anything on the outside of the box in case I decide to use it for something else later on.

And there you have it. The box sits on my desk, serving to keep my stickers close at hand and as a temporary cat barrier. I say temporary because it will take them all of five minutes to figure how to get passed it. And, oh yes, that lovely wooden surface is my desk top. I can actually see it now. Yay!

Thanks for stopping by. Many blessings to you for a peaceful and prosperous 2016.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - always ATG (anything goes)
Not Just Cards - ATG

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a beautiful and practical idea, and I am sure you and the cats will soon not want to miss it again! Happy New Year, all the best to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

Wies said...

Hi Teresa, Wish you all the best for 2016. What a lovely altered box with the butterfly as an eyecatcher. Great job and very practical to.
Best wishes, Wies

Desire Fourie said...

Wow such a fun and wonderful way to keep those stickers organised. Love the butterfly.
Happy New Year!! May 2016 be all that you want it to be and more.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh such a clever, useful and beautiful project
Cheers
Dr Sonia

NanaConnie said...

This is wonderful, Teresa! Very clever. Wishing you the best New Year ever. :-D

Linda W. said...

Oh what a wonderful way to update some of these boxes! I do need new hanging files tho - mine are only 25 yo and show every injury possible! Beautiful work Teresa! May you have a beautiful and prosperous as well as peaceful 2016. Hugz from WI, Linda W.

Angela Hoynes said...

Brilliant idea - I have started saving boxes!