Monday, 7 December 2015

Guest Designing at PoP

Hello Friends,

I am guest designing at the Path of Positivity challenge this month. PoP challenges focus on accentuating the positive in our lives. The theme for December's Challenge #33 is "BELIEVE" and it runs from Dec. 7th to Jan. 3r, with an extra midway post on December 21st.



PRIZES:
  • A $7 gift certificate from Pickled Potpourri Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three images from Fresh Brewed Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
  • A small selection of digital designer papers from D├ęcosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge time-frame.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

I chose to use this gorgeous Pickled Potpourri Designs Christmas image on a prayer box that I up-cycled from an empty Red Rose tea box. The recipient can fill the box with prayers - in progress and answered.
I started by carefully disassembling the box and painting the inside red. When that was dry I sponged over it with black, but not before stenciling a praying lady in gold inside the lid. The stencil is by Faith Art Products and can be purchased at the His Kingdom Come store.
I made two copies of the Pickled Potpourri image so I could pop up the dove and holly. I coloured everything by scribbling my Tombow (water-based) markers on an acrylic block and picking the pigment up with a damp paintbrush. This gives a softer effect than using the markers directly and makes the colours much easier to blend. I also added a handmade paper bow that I brushed over with gold mica powder mixed with gel medium.
As a final touch I added a matching gift tag that slides under the popped up images. It is held nicely in place with no tape needed. The tag says,
"This is a prayer box. Fill it with your prayers of gratitude, worship and petition. Pick one whenever you take time to pray. Watch and believe as petition prayers turn into prayers of thanksgiving and praise."
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you will take the time to visit Path of Positivity Challenges for some positive inspiration.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

6 comments:

Katrina Brown said...

Wow, what a beautiful box! I love the dimension of the image. I'm so happy you are joining us this month at PoP; your art is always such an inspiration! Blessing of joy and peace this Advent Season!

Lady Anne Milnes Howard said...

Such a beautiful image for your box which is also wonderful. Such a beautiful idea too.
Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

NanaConnie said...

Marvelously done, Teresa! Loving the stained glass look and that bow is so beautiful. Looking forward to your next PoP project. :-D

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What an incredibly beautiful creation Teresa! I've never seen anything like it. From top to bottom it is so cool and I just love what the tag says.

Thank you so very much for joining us as a GDT during our challenge this month. It is so great having you on board and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the midway!

Hugs,
Lisa D.

Karon said...

Beautiful. Love the stained glass window image. TFS

Angela Hoynes said...

Just beautiful, I shall pop over to visit Path of Positivity x