Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Guest Designing at The Outlawz

Hello Friends,

I was asked to Guest Design with The Outlawz Color Challenge team this month. I used to belong to the team so this is almost like old times and a nice way to end off this year.

This week we have a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. You can choose a row or column, vertically, horizontally or diagonally. I chose diagonally from top-left to bottom-right for my inspiration and a one-sheet mini album for my project.

There are many tutorials on You Tube for making an album like this from one 12x12 cardstock or designer paper. Since I did not have the necessary colours in a double-sided designer paper, I glued two single-sided sheets together. It gave me the pattern and strength I needed for the project.

I made a little band to hold my booklet closed, decorated with a double-layered snowflake that I made from a stamp.
The top right corner looked a little rough to me so I affixed a button. It does make getting the band off a bit challenging, but I think it looks better.
The design makes 8 pockets for holding tags, which I will add at a later time. I will probably have to adjust the band then too. I think I may try using Velcro so opening and closing the album will be easier. As you can probably tell, I was in a bit of a rush making this project.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will try making one of these albums as they are really quite simple. And if you are in need of a little creative inspiration, drop by The Outlawz Challenges blog. They have weekly challenges in seven categories (one for every day of the week) and a monthly progressive freebie challenge as well.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa


Challenges:
2 Creative Chicks - ATG (anything goes)
Artistic Inspirations - ATG/twist Christmas
Crafting from the Heart - always ATG
Get Creative Challenges - Holidays
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - ATG
Not Just Cards - always ATG




9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely little album, I used to love making them. A couple of years back I made 200 as giveaways for a shop here, and since then I didn't make any more....Enjoy your month as guest DT, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and the colours are just awesome, love it.xx
 { aNNie}

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful album
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful job. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks.
Janis, 2 Creative Chicks Design Team Member
Pause Dream Enjoy, My Blog
PDE Linky Party , Owner & DT Member

NanaConnie said...

Congrats on the GDT spot, my friend. I love this booklet! That snowflake and your papers are lovely. I should send you all my tags since you have such a delightful place to store them. :-D

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Pamela said...

Great little album, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Pam x

Dorothy Ford said...

Such a beautiful little album,just love the colours.Thanks for joining us over at Get Creative Challenges

Penny said...

Really darling album, Teresa! Love the cover especially! :^)
Hugs, Penny