Saturday, 19 December 2015

Another Tea Box

Hello Friends,

Apparently I don't know many people who drink the same type of tea that I do, or I would have had a lot more of these projects to show to you and to give as gifts. Oh well. I had to save this box from the trash. My son had already crushed it a bit so it was a little worse for the wear. For that reason, I didn't paint the inside, as I usually like to do. Instead I covered it with a coordinating scrapbook paper. I made a layered flower out of the leftover bits of the inside and outside papers.
I also recycled a used gift bag with wrapping paper and green duct tape. My thrifty sensibilities are feeling quite satisfied. :)
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are looking forward to Christmas. I have been on an Advent journey and creating an art journal to commemorate it. If you would like to see what I've been doing, just click the tab at the top of this page where it says, "A Closer Walk".

Christmas blessings,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Paper a la Mode - ATG (anything goes)
2 Creative Chicks - ATG
Altered Eclectics - ATG (no cards)
Crafty Time - ATG
Just Keep on Creating - ATG
Petal Lu - ATG
Recycle, Re-purpose & Re-invent - anything recycled
The Sisters of Craft - ATG
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge - anything holiday goes

7 comments:

Cathy Potosky said...

What a beautiful tea box!! Love all the blues! This would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

Kleido said...

Great creations.. I love the little bird on the box and blue is my favourite colour. And on the gift bag I love the traditional colours. I like both creations!

Thanks for playing along with our Crafty Time Challenge for Dezember and good luck!

Doris *DT*

Kim Evans said...

I love the tea box! I should really consider one to clean up the tea cupboard. Thank you for joining our challenge.

Lisa Winnard said...

Brilliant Teresa! Love a girl who saves things from going in the trash!!!
Beautiful box. Love the huge flower too.

Thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics.
Lisa xxx - Altered Eclectics DT.

Katelyn said...

Beautiful Tea Box! Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares.
-Katelyn DT member at Emerald Creek

Bettina L. said...

Such brilliant recycled projects. Love the teabox with the big flower and the gorgeous Christmas gift bag. Thanks for playing at Petal Lu and good luck. Hope to see you back the 15th for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Petal Lu xx

lulucker said...

I think i'll have to start drinking your kind of tea, I love your project and i'm a sucker for flowers ;) Thank you for joining us at Petal Lu xx