Sunday, 27 December 2015

Altered Box Project

Hello Friends,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year ahead. I would like to show you a project I made for my dear MIL for Christmas. I actually had help with this one as my DH did the beautiful stain.

I picked up the unfinished box and frame at Michael's. I placed the frame and penciled around the inside. Then I drew the letters and doodled in them with various colours of permanent felt pens. I covered my artwork with box-board and painters tape and let my DH do the staining.
While I waited for the box to be stained, I worked on the frame. I gave it 3 coats of gold mica powder mixed with gel medium, but I wasn't pleased with it. I then added two layers of ultra-fine gold embossing powder. My final touch was to rub a little cherry cobbler ink. I used my heat gun to melt the ink into the embossing powder so there would be no rub-off.
This is the box all put together. I glued some K&Company scrapbook paper to line the inside of the box and added lots of handmade cards that my DMIL can give to friends and family.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I am so happy that you stopped by.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Creative Artiste Challenge - anything mixed media goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes/optional twist
Altered Eclectics - anything mixed media or altered

7 comments:

Wheelie Crafty said...

Awesome transformation Teresa... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

Hugs Rhonda DT xx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful altered box. Lovely gift. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month . Hope to see your lovely art work back here again in 2016. Judy DT

Valerie-Jael said...

A beautiful and very unique piece of team work - made with love. Hugs, Valerie

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW I like everything about it ...so unique and stylish and the best thing is its made out of love!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous box! Beautiful frame and the top looks like it is done with needle point. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Pat

Chana Harris said...

Very nicely crafted, Teresa! Love how you transformed this plain box in to a lovely work of art! Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Angela Hoynes said...

Lovely altered box