Monday, 9 November 2015

It's a Timey-Wimey Sort of Thing

Hello Friends,

If you are a Dr. Who fan, you knew right away what my title was about. If you are not, well... you probably don't enjoy cheesy British sci-fi like I do.

The Dr. Who image is by Stitchy Bear (Prisma pencils) and I made up my own sentiments. The flying clock is by Anji's Antics. The book shape is from a tutorial by fellow blogger, Dr. Sonia. You can find her tutorial (and tons of others) HERE.
I knew when I saw it that I wanted to try last Tuesday's monochrome color palette at The Outlawz. I'm just glad I got the chance to do it before that timey-wimey thing caught up with me. The inchies I used were from an embossed piece in my stash. It came from a friend, since I don't have that embossing folder. I sponged black Memento ink on the edges and brushed it over the embossing.
 And this is the inside sentiment, which I cut into a tag shape.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I really love the sweet comments you leave.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - monochrome
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes/optional RAK
Colouring in Scrapland - inspired by book or film (Dr. Who)
Crafting from the Heart - always anything goes
Craft Your Passion - always anything goes
Dream Valley Challenges - shaped card
Not Just Cards - always anything goes

11 comments:

Wies said...

The book realy looks three demensional. Great!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card, which takes me back in time to those TV programs. Hugs, Valerie

Angela Hoynes said...

Great card. I just love Doctor Who :) David Tenant is my favourite Doctor, I haven't made up my mind about the new one yet! It's not the actor, the story lines seem different. Did you google Bootstrap Paradox?

Charity Chamberlain said...

Wonderful card! I have not seen anything like this before! Love it! I am one of the rare people who does not know about Dr. Who so I will have to look it up as now I am intrigued ;) Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Anna said...

Very beautiful job!!!
Thank you for playing along in the Craft your passion challenge this week!
Anna Dt

NanaConnie said...

I have to go get this image, Teresa. My granddaughter is a huge Dr. Who fan. :-D Love the card design and your coloring is fantastic!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Dr Who card although not a fan -love the embossed inchies---thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x

TRACEY MO said...

What idea great card my son would love this a mad dr who fan.

Thanks for joining our shaped cards challenge at dream valley.

Tracey dt

Penny said...

Another cool book card! Love the inchies--especially the distressing! And love the image and coloring, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Carla Brooke said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

beatriz blazquez arrabal said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for join us at Colouring in Scrapland november challenge, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT