Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Happy Birthday Beaver

Hello Friends,

Recently I made a card with a patriotic beaver by Squigglefly. I did a water coloring technique with my Tombow (water-based) markers by scribbling them on an acrylic block and picking up the pigments with a damp paint brush. It was much easier to blend the colours with this indirect method than direct application, I found.
I added some puffy maple leaf stickers to the card, including one to the center of the Canadian flag, on top of the image. My only paper is a die cut negative that I had tucked away in my paper scrap stash. I like how it frames both the image and sentiment.
Of course I had to add a wee bit of Canadian humour to the inside.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to visit and I sure do love reading your kind comments.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday -anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Hiding in my Craft Room - Super Scraps Saturday
Just Us Girls - water coloring
Scrapper's Delights - always anything goes

13 comments:

Christina Hor said...

Oh your squirrel is so adorable Teresa! Thanks for sharing the technique on how you colored him up. What a great technique! Love the Canadian humor on the inside. Haha. May YOU have a good day yourself Teresa.

Hugs, Christina

Christina Hor said...

Haha. It's me again. Sorry, I meant to type "beaver." Don't know why I type "squirrel." I think the cold I'm suffering with is not letting me think straight this whole week!

Hugs, Christina

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your patriotic beaver, great idea and colours. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a cute card.....love that sweet beaver! Also, the maple leaves. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

NanaConnie said...

Love your whole card, Teresa! Great use of the maple leaves and I love, love, LOVE the sentiment. :-D

Nancy said...

That's such a sweet little beaver, Teresa! It's a really great card. I appreciate the Canadian quote too, although I never say "eh". Do you? I think it's more popular in the east! lol

Patricia St Martin said...

Just a darling birthday card and love the beaver holding the flag. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
Hugs Pat

Nancy said...

Love your card and the inside too Teresa! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I this week at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Really cute! I love that darling little beaver waving the Canadian flag and you coloring is blended beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Penny said...

So, so cute, Teresa! Really love your coloring on that darling image! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jane Tillsley said...

great card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delight Jane x DT

Karon said...

This is such a fun card and what a great beaver! TFS

Jo Ann said...

What a cute image and creation. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement of God's Word in Psalm 27:1 which says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?" Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com