Sunday, 8 November 2015

Expectant Couple Card

Hello Friends,

Yesterday I found out that my dear friend is going to have another baby. They already have a big family so not everyone understands their desire for more children, even though they are some of the best parents I have ever seen and their children some of the happiest and healthiest as well. I wanted to make sure they felt my support and encouragement and what better way to do that than with a handmade card.

Last night I printed out some images and a sentiment to use on the card and today I got my design inspiration from a dear blogger friend, Dr. Sonia. Here is the link to her tutorial for this darling book shaped card. I just love it.
I blanked out the family's name, for privacy purposes, on the spine. It reads: The ______ Family Chronicles by D.&P. ________

The digis I used were pre-coloured, except for the pram. I popped up different elements of the digis and sponged on peach ink to accent the white cardstock.
The digital images are from: Pram - Designed 2 Delight; Onesie - Daydream Designs; Expectant Couple - Crafty Moments.

The card front reads, "It's your story" and the inside says, "And it's a beautiful one."
The CONGRATULATIONS is a rubber stamp and I don't know who it is by. I also added a digital sentiment by Digi Sparkle.
I am very happy for my friends and grateful that they will be welcoming another child to their beautiful big family.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your visit and your comments warm my heart. (If you missed it, I gave away a free word art sentiment in my last post and a wing image in the post before that.)

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes (family friendly)
Crafting with Friends - always anything goes
Creative Fingers - always anything goes
Simply Papercraft - always anything goes
Crafty Girls Creations - always anything goes
Crafting by Designs  - November anything goes
Creative Moments - always anything goes
Inspiration Destination - always anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Path of Positivity - Gratefulness


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, and good to support your friends this way. Hugs, Valerie

Pippa said...

Great idea, Teresa, making a book shape card. I might have to have a go myself!

NanaConnie said...

Saw this first at the Outlawz, Teresa, and I dearly love it. Love the story even more. :-D

Karon said...

Wonderful shaped card and love that image! TFS sorry not been by in a while - playing catch up now :-)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Teresa thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh I love this card...it is so heartfelt and unique and so thrilled you used my little tutorial !! Blogger friends are the best!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Pat said...

Beautiful card, and perfect for the Gratefulness challenge at the Path of Positivity challenge blog this month. Thanks for sharing!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

I am pleased you are supporting your friends. I know how hurt people get with caustic comments flung recklessly in the air . This is a wonderful supportive tangible show of love. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 208th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

Katrina Brown said...

Such an adorable card, Teresa! I'm sure this family is very grateful for their new little one and they will love this card! How can one not feel grateful with the promise of so much hope and excitement! You're right, they will be creating a new story! Thank you so much for sharing this card with us at Path of Positivity!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments, good luck!!! Amy DT

Angela Hoynes said...

Lovely card and so thoughtful of you xx

Penny said...

Really precious card! Love the book look! And you added such darling images! Love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

applejack cards by sue said...

Such a sweet book shaped card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

Tindaloo said...

Sweet card and image, and great details! :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! PS: I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo