Friday, 20 November 2015

Butterfly Sympathy

Hello Friends,

Do you find it difficult to make sympathy cards? You want to bring comfort and respect the somberness of the situation, but you don't want to send something that looks depressing either.

I think this darling image from Beyond the Fringe Crafts was perfect. To jump-start my design, I turned to the sketch challenge at The Outlawz. It was a challenging sketch for me, but I really like how it turned out.

To color this remarkable image, I used Tombow (water-based) markers that I scribbled on an acrylic block and then painted on with a water brush. I cut up scraps of patterned paper to make the waves. In fact, all of my papers were retrieved from my scrap stash.
I glued my ribbon embellishment to a strip of white cardstock that I inked in SU Taken with Teal. I also sponged the ink on the previously white ribbon. Then I adhered the piece with foam dots.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you will come back on Sunday, when I plan to have a free image for you.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa


Challenges:
The Outlawz Sketch Challenge
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Color Your World with Lacy Sunshine - anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
The Ribbon Girls - Use any image (plus ribbon)
Artistic Inspiration - anything goes/twist feminine
Cards in Envy - extra layers
Love to Scrap - anything goes
Not Just Cards - always anything goes


13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have put so much love and care into your card, and I think the recipient will feel it - beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

Joanne B said...

Amazing card. Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Dr Sonia S V said...

SO many interesting things to look at here...such a gorgeous project..I love the waves, the swirly background and the hose danglers are so cute
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Carmen said...

Wow, Teresa!! I love what youve done with this image! The butterflies are just beautifully colored and so vibrant! So much detail in the card too. Just a wonderful card all around!

Penny said...

Really intricate design, Teresa! I love the way you colored the main image! Sooo pretty! :^)
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG! Look at the details on this beauty, loving those butterflies and the colors are magnificent. Simply beautiful and elegant
Hugs
Berni

Irena Stefanova said...

So lovely card!! Beautiful coloring and love the added beads. Adorably cute! Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog!
Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Irena DT

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!
Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Karon said...

Wonderful card and love the butterfly boat :-) TFS

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is so different, fabulous design and detail, thanks so much for sharing with us at TRG, hugs Liz xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! I love the butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Jo Ann said...

What a beautiful card...Love the beads/gems. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the encouragement of God's Word in Psalm 27:1 which says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?" Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Kathy S said...

Beautiful Flurry of butterflies. Appreciate your entry with us at Cards in Envy. Take care.