Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Tea Box Transformation

Hello Friends,

I've been hooked on Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea since I first tried it about a year ago. It comes in a nifty box with a 'hinged' lid. I started saving the boxes a while back, sure that I could make use of them. Here is what I did with the first box.
I started by carefully taking the box apart and painting the inside.

I covered the outside with two different kinds of patterned paper (K & Company); one for the lid and one for the bottom. I adhered the papers before gluing the box back together.

I added some lace around the lid and black checkered Washi tape to reinforce and embellish the box.
You may have noticed parts of my 'helper' on my desk. This is Plussette's other end.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you did and I really appreciate your comments too.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes or use pink
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes




10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh what a beautiful upcycling project ...love the pretty colors and the gorgeous lace
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Teressa, what a fabulous project love the colours and thanks for sharing it wi us in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. We would love to see you again. Jennifer DT member xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I am glad Plussette is making sure you do things properly! The box is fantastic, you 2 did a great job. Hugs to you and a cuddle for P! Valerie

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful altered box :) your kitty is sweet too! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

So pleased the upcycling of tea boxes also caught your fancy. We have the Five Roses tea here incSA and I also love upcycling them too as gift boxes. Just adore the shabby chic look of yours and of course your furry helper steals the show again.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

NanaConnie said...

Both ends of Plussette look very content, Teresa. :-D I love the revamped tea box. What a delightful makeover. The lace is wonderful and so very festive. Great paper choices. :-D

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week with this beautiful altered box. I can never throw any boxes away myself, especially one as useful as this. Lovely to see your adorable cat Plussette too, they do love to 'help' don't they.
Lorraine DT

peabea said...

So glad I found you on HKC and now your blog. So fun to see what you do since I've always loved recycling things. This is so cute. Also, your furbaby reminds me of my Tess that I use to have. She didn't live very long at all after I rescued her. Now though I have Razzy a bundle of bossy fur-dog. :)

Karon said...

Love the transformation and your beautiful kitty :-)

Penny said...

What a beautiful creation--great way to reuse a box! And the kitty is darling! :^)
Hugs, Penny