Thursday, 15 October 2015

Cat Sympathy

Hello Friends,

It seems that I am running into quite a number of people lately who have been bereaved of a beloved pet. This week my dear niece lost her cat, though she fought hard to keep Tippy with her. I made this card for her, using a pre-coloured Doodle Pantry image.
I tore a scrap of paper and used three different colours of ink to achieve the background. I flipped the paper over every other row. I liked the technique so much I duplicated it on the envelope flap. Except for the image and sentiment, this card is all one layer.
Here is a close-up of this sweet Doodle Pantry image. I was thrilled to find an image so perfect for making pet sympathy cards. This summer we lost our beloved dog to age and illness. I cried off and on for weeks, slowly removing her things from our household. Every time I got out of bed, there was her custom-made dog bed on the floor next to my feet. It broke my heart so to see it, I was not prepared for how hollow I would feel when my husband removed it.
Kaeli was the best dog in the world. She brought joy to many people, including residents of a nursing home that we visited when Kaeli was a younger dog. As a family we decided that our hearts could not take adopting another dog. But there was still a gaping hole in our home.

My son decided to adopt a Ragdoll kitten. We searched the Internet and found a wonderful breeder in Ontario called O Canada Ragdolls. We had to wait for over three months, but Cindy sent us pictures, videos and updates of Sebastian at least every other week. August 26th we went to the airport and met our new baby for the very first time. What a wonderful day that was.
Sebastian is the sweetest little cat ever. He is cuddly, playful and VERY floppy. We will always miss Kaeli, but this little guy has helped to prove the RESILIENCY of the human heart.

Here is a close-up of the Doodle Pantry image I used on my card and the stamped, embossed sentiment. I used self-stick rhinestones for my only embellishments.

Thanks for popping by. I appreciate your visit and thoroughly enjoy all of your comments.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Path of Positivity - Resiliency
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
DP Ants in my Pantry Challenge - anything goes (digi)
CCC Digi Creations - anything goes



17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card. It is really hard to lose a beloved pet, I know my pets were always a part of the family. Hug, Valerie

Pat said...

Oh, Teresa, I'm so sorry for your loss. I would feel the same way, but what a little treasure you have in Sebastian!! My daughter would love a kitten, but my nose could never take it. I love your card, and thank you for showing us how you created the background. thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity challenge blog this month.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Teresa, I like the cat image and the design, you can keep the card and give me the kitten lol
Kevin xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

My heart goes out to your niece it can be so hurtful to lose a pet. And yes I can understand the deep loss you still feel for Kaeli . I lost my dog when I was in medical college from old age...he had died so peacefully without any suffering but for days afterwords we would "hear" him in our house. Both my current dogs are old 9 and 10 which is old in doggy years and its crazy but I live in fear of what may happen... I know you understand the fear..!

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic way to use that image, Teresa! We both lost dear pets this last summer and the heart heals slowly, but it always has room to love another sweet pet. I'm so glad you can share in loving Sebastian. Would love to see some recent photos showing how he's grown. :-D

hoptownracer1 said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! What a pretty dog; he looks so happy in his picture!
Your new kitty is adorable, and I hope she helps you heal. They can be so helpful!
Beautiful card!

hoptownracer1 said...

I'm so sorry; I just noticed I called your sweet doggy a he, and she's a she! Please forgive me!
I bet your niece will appreciate the card you made for her! So sorry she lost her furbaby also!

Penny said...

Absolutely beautiful card for your niece, Teresa! Love the wonderful bg you created for that darling image! :^)
I am so glad that you decided to adopt a sweet kitten. He will help heal your heart. And he is adorable!
Hope you are having a fun weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Teresa, love the background you created. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

Angela Hoynes said...

What a beautiful dog Kaeli was and Sebastian is a beauty too. Losing our pets is so hard. My daughter has just lost her dog and earlier this year she lost her cat. The others help with the pain, my daughter has two dogs still and we have four!

Willeke said...

What a beautiful card, so sorry to hear your niece lost her cat ...
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Through The Craft Room Door
Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

Ema M said...

So sorry about the loss of your pet. I totally understand the grief. What a cute kitten! Great sympathy card as well. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Karon said...

Gorgeous card - fabulous inking and love the photos. TFS

Pippa said...

Lovely thoughtful card. I like the fluffy cloud background.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

How beautiful Teresa! Getting over the loss of a pet is never easy. My heart goes out to your niece and also to you for your own recent loss. Oh my goodness though, your new furbaby is simply adorable. May you be blessed with many years of joy with him!

Hugs,
Lisa

Desire Fourie said...

Teresa, I just adore your beautiful new kitty, so pure in all white. A wonderful sympathy creation too. This is so perfect for our RESILIENCE theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing the story behind your lovely card. We lost our last doggie 8 years ago and thinking of her loss at this point still makes me a little sad, but also brings back wonderful memories. I am so glad you have another darling little love in your home. Your mention of resiliency of the heart is so true. I think our pet loves are proof positive of resilient hearts.