Thursday, 22 October 2015

Birch Trees

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I had so much fun creating a set of one-layer cards, I decided to make a couple more. This time I used black ink for my trees and a straighter piece of scrap paper as my stencil.
 When the black ink was dry, I dry-brushed on white acrylic paint. While the paint was still wet, I scraped into it with a cut-up old credit card. Because I dry-brushed (no water) the paint on, and it sat on top of the dry ink, my card did not warp. In retrospect, I would use archival rather than dye ink since some of the green background came through on one of my trees.
For the skinny branches, I sandwiched two pieces of torn scrap paper and inked between them.
This is an easy technique and I hope you try it. I really like how my birch trees turned out. I was pleased with the cards I did yesterday, but I like these even better. I'm glad I gave it another try.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Inspiration Destination - always anything goes
Moo Mania - Autumn Mood
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes/family friendly
Through the Craft Room Door - always anything goes
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - anything goes/optional twist
Ruby's Rainbow - autumn leaves
Stampavie & More - autumn leaves
The Crafty Addicts - anything goes/autumn colours

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Oooh...I love these ones too! :o)

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

This is a gorgeous project, Teresa.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This ones are super as well... great technique! Thank you for sharing again with us over at Moo Mania & More Teresa!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Just fan*tas*tic again! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

I forgot to say, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Hugs, Valerie

Wies said...

Hi Teresa, Your birch trees turned out great. Thanks for sharing this technique with us.
Greetings, Wies

Karon said...

WOW - these are so beautiful! Fabulous!

Penny said...

You made yesterday's cards even better with the birch trees! Love these scenes--so realistic! Great job! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend!

Netta K said...

wow Teresa. fall is my favorite time of year and I miss not seeing it back in NH. your card is perfect and brought back many memories. thank you for sharing your beautiful collection

NanaConnie said...

Spectacular, Teresa! I love your 'credit card' technique. :-D

Patricia St Martin said...

Just fantastic Teresa! I love scenery cards and you have outdone yourself with this one. Your clouds are wonderful and the birch trees I love they look so real. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Pat♥

Billie A said...

Very pretty card and lovely design and scene. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

Karen C said...

This is gorgeous! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C

Shaz Earl said...

Your card is gorgeous !
Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is amazing Teresa. Just adore the beautiful nature scene you have created here.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}