Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Journal 52 - 10 Minute Challenge

Hello Friends,

I took the 10 minute challenge at Journal 52 today. The challenge is to see what you can get done in an art journal page in 10 minutes. Here is what I did. (I cut the hole on the right side and painted the page behind it gold BEFORE I started timing myself.) My first step after that was to use my big leaf stencil with green spray ink. The negative image is on the right side, using up all that lovely ink. I highlighted the leaves with touches of gold acrylic paint.
No doubt I could have accomplished more if I didn't have the compulsion to clean my brushes, stamps and stencils immediately after each use. What can I say? I used a Recollections honey bee clear stamp set. The honeycomb was stamped with gold acrylic paint. I used black archival ink for the bees. My final touch was to sponge the pages with SU Cherry Cobbler ink, heavier on the outer edges.
I look forward to using this background. Once my page is completed, I will post it on my other blog: A Closer Walk.

Thanks for visiting me today. I hope you are having a wonderful August.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Journal 52 - Week 31: 10 Minute Challenge
Mixed Media World - Stencils

9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Those leaves look beautiful ...I have a special love for foliage!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, wonderful colours. I throw my brushes and stencils in a bowl of water so that the colour does not dry on them, and wash them later. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Desire Fourie said...

Just so creative Teresa. Loving the little insects exploring amongst the fern leaves.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Angela Hoynes said...

I do like to clean stuff right away! Love the colour combination.

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job! Those fly's are super.
Hugs

Cara Malmrose said...

These are great!
Thanks for sharing this!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Debbie said...

Great pages!!
I"m not sure I could do a 10 minute challenge... it takes me longer than that to decide what to do! LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO glad you stopped by my blog, Teresa. I would never have found your J52 challenge page had you not. I'm super impressed with this beauty, and you did a great job in 10 minutes. I'm compulsive like you when it comes to cleaning my tools right away, too. I think your BEEutiful spread speaks for itself. Again, thanks for your visit to my place, and I apologize for not visiting sooner.

Penny said...

Wow, how pretty and love the bugs! ;^)
You can get a lot more done in 10 minutes than I can! :^)
Hugs, Penny