Thursday, 6 August 2015

God's Girls Bookmark

Hi Friends,

Shonna recently shared one of her "God's Girls" coloring pages over at His Kingdom Come. She suggested it would be perfect as a bookmark and I readily agreed.

Here is mine. I used water colour pencils and a yellow Gelato on the image; then I buffed around the edges with a blue Gelato.
The sentiment came as part of Shonna's coloring page. I used my water colour pencils on that too. Don't ya just love those shoes?
I embossed my background piece with two different folders and added some ribbon.
This bookmark is part of a collection I am making for a giveaway basket at my church. In a couple of weeks we will be hosting a conference of 600+ people, coming from all over this region. I asked my pastor if the basket could be made available for conference attendees and he loved the idea.

Of course only a few will be able to benefit from my gift, but I am not going to let that discourage me. I believe in taking every OPPORTUNITY to bless others even if my contribution is very small. We each have something to give that is uniquely ours. It may seem like a tiny drop, but if we all take the OPPORTUNITY to do our small part, many droplets can fill a bucket in no time at all.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today. I pray that your day is blessed and that I have inspired you in some way today.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Path of Positivity - Opportunity
Digi Galore - Anything but a card
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
Sisters of Craft - anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - always anything goes

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, hugs, Valerie

Debbie said...

I love this! So true about taking opportunities to bless others!!

Stacey Schofield said...

lovely bright colours Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
TTCRD DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

Katrina Brown said...

What a beautiful bookmark!

Charity Chamberlain said...

Excellent bookmark! The image is a perfect fit for it too! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Penny said...

What a darling piece of generosity! Love the embossing, the bright palette, sweet image, and fab coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Pat said...

Awesome bookmark and awesome project to share God's love with others. Thanks for sharing at the Path of Positivity challenge blog this month.

Jacqueline said...

Lovely bookmark. Nice images and the text is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft. Hope to see you next challenge as well.
Hugs, Jacqueline DT

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Very pretty bookmark. Thanks for joining us at Digi Galore

Suze said...

Great idea with your bookmark. I'm sure whoever receives it will appreciate it. Thank you for joining in the Opportunity challenge at Path of Positivity.

Desire Fourie said...

Teresa this is such a delightful and inspiring bookmark and its perfect for our OPPORTUNITY theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}