Monday, 31 August 2015

Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz

Hello Friends,

Today's card features an image by Make It Crafty called "Wishful Asha". I got it from August's freebie Challenge over at The Outlawz. I used water colour pencils (mostly Prima) on mine.

For my background I sprayed green ink around a butterfly image that I used as a mask. I adhered my cut-out Asha image with a strip of green patterned ribbon which I glued to the back of the card. I punched the corner which formed a sort of pocket for the image to tuck into.
The image flips up to reveal the butterfly and the words written around its edges.
 I had the perfect sentiment to go with "Wishful Asha" and, since it is one of mine, I can give it to you too.
JPEG
PNG

 Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and your comments warm my heart.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Freebie Challenge - use provided image
613 Avenue Create - anything goes/cyoc (A2, Encouragement, watercolour)
Dragonfly Dreams - wings
Dragonfly Journeys - green & gold
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - anything goes

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card - I wish you a happy day! Hugs, Valerie

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Nicely done. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 198th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Ginny Maxam said...

Delightful card!! I love how you wrote the verse in the butterfly!!Thank you for sharing your Art with ust at Word Art Wednesday Challenge # 198!! Ginny DT WAW

Dr Sonia S V said...

SO cute !!

Edwina said...

Teresa, What a pretty card. I love your sentiment, the verse, and the digi you used. Thank you for the sentiment. Edwina Brown

andree said...

I love your card, thank you so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

Patricia St Martin said...

Just adorable, The image is just darling and ,love the colors. Love the sentiment for the freebie just beautiful about butterflies. I also like the one you wrote on the butterfly, so amazing.
Hugs, Pat♥

Lady Anne Milnes Howard said...

As always a lovely piece of art work Teresa, love how you have placed the verse on the butterfly wings so very clever. I always think of the butterfly as a transition into new realms and very spiritual. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
Dragonfly Dreams
Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

Charity Chamberlain said...

Too cute!! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

coldwaters2 said...

What a little cutie this is thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS
hugs
lorraine x

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely love your colouring and always inspirational wording on your creations. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely sentiment with us.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jeannie said...

Hi Teresa! What a sweet little girl and a beautiful sentiment to match. Thank you so much for joining my Green & Gold challenge this week.

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Aurora Marco said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you back soon.
Cheers,
Aurora

Penny said...

So very sweet, Teresa! Love the image you chose, the way you mounted her over your butterfly, and the sweet sentiment! (Thank you for that!) :^)
Hugs, Penny