Friday, 10 July 2015

Yellow Rose Painting & Card

Hello Friends,

I did another water colour painting of a rose - this time a yellow rose. I used a reference photo from Paint My Photo by Misty Mistler.

I used a Prima #84 (yellow ocre) water colour pencil to sketch the rose first. I was hoping this would give me a softer, more realistic look than the pink rose I did earlier this week.
This is the first stage of the painting. In some ways I like this better than the finished result.
 Here is the completed painting. Unfortunately I lost some of the highlights.
I used this week's sketch at The Outlawz to make a card with this painting.
I mounted the painting onto heavyweight cardstock, the same K&C paper as the background, and adhered the piece to the card with foam tape.
The top of the card:
I punched the corner to create a little lip that the tag fits just under.
This is the front of the tag, with a Little Birdie Blessings vintage sentiment:
The back of the tag has an older Tickell Expressions sentiment. If you would like it, just ask me in the comments and I will send it to you.
The inside has a Tickell Expressions verse as well.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and your comments are little rays of sunshine in my day.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Sketch Challenge - sketch
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
Through the Craft Room Door - always anything goes


11 comments:

Edwina said...

Teresa, Your painting and card are so beautiful! I love flowers and yellow roses are one of my favorites. I have several favorites. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Valerie-Jael said...

The rose painting is really beautiful at all stages of development, and the finished card is beautiful. Have a lovely day! Hugs, Valerie

Jackie Scott said...

The card and your yellow rose are gorgeous! Love the little pocket and the small card inside of it = very pretty!

NanaConnie said...

I just saw this at Outlawz and left you some comment love but had to come over to see all the details (which I knew you'd give us.) Love your coloring and the tag piece. Great idea to tuck it under the lip of that corner punch. What gorgeous ribbon! Wonderful delicate edges on it. All in all, I love everything you've done on this one. :-D

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Teresa this rose is a real beauty. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 191st Challenge. We appreciate you.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Penny Duncan said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! And I truly love your rose!!!!!!!

Angela Hoynes said...

Beautiful rose and beautiful card

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous and I love all the pictures so we can see everything. Yellow rose is stunning and love the pocket all the die cuts and all of the sentiment are so inspiring.
Hugs, Pat♥

Karon said...

Beautiful water colour and the finished card is stunning! TFS

Penny said...

Great take on the sketch, Teresa! And that rose is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning card! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jo Ann said...

Very pretty coloring and highlighting of images. We are blessed that you joined our Challenge last week at Word Art Wednesday. There's still time to link your project for this week's Challenge before we begin a new one in a couple of days. Hope you come back! Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 to remind us of this, "For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him." Have a wonderful week!

Hugs always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com