Thursday, 16 July 2015

Tags to Share

Hello Friends,

Recently a friend and I started a re-organizing of our church library. She mentioned that it would be nice to offer some bookmarks to people who borrow books. I thought it was a great idea so, between blogging, painting, art journaling and other things, I have been creating bookmarks to share with people who use the library at my church.

I used a recycled tags for today's project. I painted the tags in black acrylic first. Once that dried, I dribbled on various colours of water colour paint that was leftover in my palette. I took my inspiration from Tag Tuesday for this.
I printed out a Praise Him digi (FaithArt Products), embossed it and lightly sanded the surface. Then I added some gloss gel medium and a touch of clear glitter glue. I mounted it to the tag with Tacky Glue, traced around it with a white gel pen and added a few teardrop jewels near the top.
I also added some ribbon and handmade paper beads.
The verse on the back is from Fresh Brewed Designs.
Thanks for stopping in. I do appreciate your visit and your comments warm my heart.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Simon Says Monday challenge - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
Path of Positivity - sharing
Triple the Scraps (Glory Art) - God's Will
Fresh Brewed Designs - anything goes with FBD
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - anything goes/optional twist
CCC Digi Creations - anything goes

19 comments:

Hummie B said...

I like the texture you put on the woman's shape. It really makes it pretty.

bumblebee creations said...

What a great idea!!! Thank you so much for all the nice comments you have left everyone, and for joining in our special hop!!

Grace D said...

What a fantastic idea for bookmarks.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful tag! Love the bold colours on the background. Hugs, Valerie

Penny said...

Really lovely bookmarks--so perfect for your church library! Great idea and great execution! :^)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Desire Fourie said...

You are just so arty, Teresa. Just love the colouring, the floral dress and the beads.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

These are so unique and love those paper beads. TFS

Carolyn Bounds said...

Wow! Wow! WOW! This bookmark is more than a placeholder; it is a work of heART!! Being an avid reader, I know this beauty will be cherished by its recipient. Such a marvelous piece art and inspiration! I LOVE IT!!!

Ms. Arsenault, THANK YOU!!! Thank you for sharing your art and creativity with us. Thank you for sharing information about our fundraising blog hop. Thank you for your kindness and generosity in purchasing the digi set, which brought us one step closer to reaching our goal. Thank you for being EVERYTHING! We appreciate you!! <3

Blessing, hugs, and smiles!
Carolyn

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous Tag Teresa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

NanaConnie said...

What a wonderful and generous idea, Teresa! I love the bookmarks and I know they'll be treasured.

Natalie said...

The bookmark is wonderfully done. Love the Faith quote! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

cheiron said...

Gorgeous bookmarks! I love that you can share your art this way. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Lisa J said...

Great Tag,very unique design. Its lovely. Thanks for sharing with us. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations

Katrina Brown said...

So inspirational and what a lovely act of sharing your talents, gifts, and faith!

Dunja Dücker said...

Your TAGs are just great Theresa. :) Like the style a lot.

Dunja x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tag. Love everything about it,from the backround colours to the wonderful Praise Him digi and quote.

Susan Carol said...

Love your tag. Love the quote, love the backround and the digi Praise Him is beautiful.

Cara Malmrose said...

As one who always misplaces my bookmarks, I can tell you that offering bookmarks is a kinda and thoughtful gesture Theresa!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my DT hat on:
Teresa this is so perfect for our SHARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}