Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Pet Sympathy

Hello Friends,

Recently a dear friend had to say goodbye to her 18-year-old cat. Knowing that our pets will not live as long as us does not minimize the pain of losing someone who has been a constant companion for years. And anyone who thinks that cats are aloof has never had the extreme privilege of truly being loved by one.

There has always been debate about whether or not animals - our pets in particular - go to Heaven. I firmly believe that they do. I believe it based on the kind nature of my loving Heavenly Father and on the fact that Jesus said he would prepare a place for me. He knows how it will delight me to be reunited with the dear pets I had to part with in this life, so I fully expect to find Ben, Scruffy, Neelix, Gonzo and Kaeli (among others) waiting for me. I will need a big house in which to fit them all. :)

Here is a card I sent to my friend and the verse I wrote for it, which I will give to you at the end of this post. I used a pre-coloured Doodle Pantry image and sentiment. I added a bit of water colour pencil to the image.
I also added clear glitter glue to the wings.
Here is the verse on the inside.
And here is the file for you.
Thanks for stopping in. Many blessings on your day.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - anything goes/die cuts
Simon Says Monday challenge - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes/optional twist
Colour Your World - anything goes (use digi)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Robyn's Fetish - Birds
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Furry Friends

19 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Teresa :-) I am sure your friend really appreciates this very thoughtful card, the image is adorable and just perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful card with a very comforting message. Our pets are really a part of our lives, and it is always hard to part from them. Hugs, Valerie

Becca Cruger said...

It's so nice that you would do this for your friend! I'm sure she appreciates it VERY much!

NanaConnie said...

A simple 'thank you' will never be enough. :-D

Michelle said...

This is such a sweet card. Losing a pet is difficult. I'm sure that she'll appreciate your kindness and be touched by such a pretty card. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Chasing the Dream said...

Hello
Want to drop a note to thank you for your sweet comments. They mean a lot to me that you have taken the time to stop by. I have not been on the computer much. As I am caregiving for a dear friend who had Stage 4 Lung Cancer. Every day her fragile body is deteriorating. I have not ever seen someone dying right in front of me. All I can do is just keep her comfortable, encourage her and trust the Lord to be her comfort and joy. So please do not be dismayed, when I am unable to stop by your blogs and leave some love.
Your project/card is amazing and look forward to stopping by when I can. Have a wonderful day and even better week.
In His Joy
Berni

Four11Lady said...

Very nice card..........and thanks for the lovely verse.

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Teresa, this is such a sweet idea and the scripture is so soothing. My 15 year old Shi Tzu is very frail and has many little problems. I feel so badly and take very good care of him. I am glad your friend has you. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 192nd Challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole
I also believe we will see out pets again.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Precious card Teresa. Your card is adorable and so well designed. I am so sorry about your friend losing her cat of 18 yrs. I just lost a wild kitten that was only 4 months old; that I only had for 2 months before something killed it (car or coyote?) and even then it was so heartbreaking to find her on the driveway near the road on Sunday. Now we are missing another one of the 4 that decided to live at our place in May. So sad.

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join, comment and add your link.

Thanks so much for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. We hope to see you back again in two weeks for the next one. Good luck in the drawings. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com


Laurence said...

Such a nice card for your friend. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge

Laurence DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a very nice card to give to your Friend. Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish challenge. Marlene DT

sandra Iverson said...

Really pretty card!
Thanks for joining us over at Color Your World!
Hugs
Sandra (CDT)

Cherbear said...

What a beautiful card!

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job on your art for this week's challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us. God bless you, and have a wonderful week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Penny said...

What a sweet piece to make for your friend! Such a darling image and pretty design! :^)
You are so right that it hurts to lose a pet--no matter how long you have one! They are a part of the family, and generally give unconditional love--even cats! (I know; I have been "owned" by several.) :^)
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable and appropriate. You found the perfect image! Wonderful.

caroline said...

Thanks for joining us over at Color Your World! such a sweet card for such a sad occasion
caroline senior ct

Jo Ann said...

What a wonderful design and love the vintage look. Love that the inspiration of the Scripture is also included. So glad you joined us at our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create last week. A new challenge began yesterday so, please come back and visit us again. Have a blessed day!

Always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Denise Pustelniak said...

So cute!
Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!