Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Flower Power

Hello Friends,

My friend Valerie (Bastelmania) is a wonderful artist and photographer. Recently she told me I could reference one of her photos for a painting. There was a lot from which to choose, but a little flower with a bee on it really caught my attention. You can see the photo here.

I nearly tossed this water colour painting. I couldn't get the colour of the petals right. I think it was partly because I used a different paper that didn't allow the paint to move freely. Or maybe I was just having an off day. Anyway, I told myself, "It's just paper" and kept going. In the end I was okay with it so I decided to use it on a card.

Here it is all taped down so it wouldn't warp too much when wet.
Once dry, I removed the tape, but the background paint had seeped under the tape.
So I decided to cut it back.
I mounted it on yellow cardstock and used the sketch at this week's sketch challenge at The Outlawz.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will drop by Valerie's blog, Bastelmania to admire some of her art and photography.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Sketch Challenge - sketch provided
Simon Says Monday Challenge - anything goes
Amusing Challenge - anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes
Card Mania - anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Not Just Cards - anything goes
CCC Digi Creations - anything goes
Paint Party Friday - painting

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting has turned out beautifully, well done. Glad you were able to use the photo! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

Desire Fourie said...

Wow, truly beautiful Teresa. There is so much depth in the flower and I just adore the lush colouring. The butterflies are of course the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow so beautiful Teresa, I love your painting and the butterflies you added
Kevin xx

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Gorgeous Teresa!! I love your watercolorings!
Feel free to use my photo's frome my facebook too, if you need some references!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
Hugs,Sandra

Angela Hoynes said...

Pretty flower and lovely card xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Teresa, Just lovely another beautiful flower. Love the bug you added and the shading is done really nice. with the black background really makes it stand out. You did wonderful on the finished card love the butterflies.
Hugs, Pat♥

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Penny said...

So, so gorgeous! Really love how you painted it, right down to the bee! Beautiful palette and design on your card! (And of course I love those die cuts!) :^)
Hugs, Penny

kenli said...

Gorgeous card, great colors and design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Karon said...

WOW - stunning!

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Teresa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Not Just Cards. Hope to see you again next time.