Thursday, 9 July 2015

Bridal card

Hello Friends,

A couple of weeks ago my DH and I got to see a darling young couple joined together in marriage. I made a card for them, using a Nettie Grooms bridal image. I used a combination of Copic markers and water colour pencils.
A handmade flower (a combination of paper, a pearl sticker & lace) seemed like the finishing touch.
I used a Tickell Expressions verse. (If you would like it, just leave a comment, saying so)
 The papers I used are K&Company.
 We bought the new couple hand-crafted pottery mugs from a local artisan. They came in a nice paper bag with handles. I added some wired-net ribbon and burgundy tulle to the handle for decoration.
Are you wondering what that cuteness is on the screen behind? That is a mystery which I shall reveal in time. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you are enjoying your day.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything family friendly goes
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes/summer
Card Mania - anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - always anything goes
Craft Your Passion - always anything goes
Get Creative Challenges - flowers
Marker POP - anything goes with Copics
Not Just Cards - always anything goes

13 comments:

Wies said...

Beautiful card Teresa.Lovely image, flower and verse!
Best Wishes,Wies

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Teresa! I love your handmade embellie. ANd, yes, I'm dying to know all about that white, fluffy cuteness. You're just such a tease! But I think you gave us a hint a few weeks back. :-D

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card and verse. Glad you enjoyed the wedding so much. Hugs, Valerie

Camille Short said...

Very unique - stamp and embellishment! Glad you could join us at Get Creative Challenges!

Camille - DT

Penny said...

What a gorgeous card for a wedding! I am sure it was greatly appreciated! Love the coloring! Really beautiful bag, too, for their gift! :^)
New kitty???
Hugs, Penny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and love the cuteness in the background. Happy Friday!

Hugs, Lori m
www.throughtheeyesofgg@wordpress.com

Desire Fourie said...

Oh such a lovely gift set for the wedding couple. Love the fabric you used so creatively. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Four11Lady said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful verse! I definitely would love to have that verse to use in my next wedding card. Thank you for sharing.

Edwina said...

Such a pretty card. I thought I recognized the digi. Love the verse. Mugs are always appreciated. My brother lives in NC. He gets them from a local pottery person too. I am sure they will enjoy theirs. Edwina Brown

Carla Brooke said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart.

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous card and love the flower you made, wonderful gift set.
Hus, Pat♥

Karon said...

Beautiful card and verse. And maybe the not so subtle hint ;-) Can't wait to hear! Have a great week.

Katie Prasolek said...

thanks for joining Craft Your Passion challenge this week, good luck and hope to see you again! :)

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com