Thursday, 9 July 2015

Bless This Nest - Updated

Hello Friends,

Last month I gave you a digi called Bless This Nest. I printed out the drawing and painted it with water colours, but then I decided I didn't want to put it into a typical frame. I wanted to mount it to a canvas. My friend, Angela Hoynes (Crafting with Jack), sent me some links for instructions on how to do that.

Here is the painting before I did anything to it. Over a couple of days, I applied several coats of Krylon Clear spray varnish, letting each coat dry before applying the next. The next process of gluing it to the canvas took another day or so.
Last night I added texture paste through a stencil and some water colour paint today once that was dry. A snapped some pics before I took it to the garage for another coat of varnish.
I put dots of gold acrylic paint into the border design.

Thanks for visiting. If you want the image you can get it here.

Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Angela has a devotional thought and art journal page at her blog, Crafting with Jack

Link-ups:
Paint Party Friday - painting
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card
Not Just Cards - anything goes

7 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Oh Teresa, this is adorable. Like the idea of putting it on a canvas. hugs, Ursula

Valerie-Jael said...

It looks beautiful, what a treasure! Hugs, Valerie

NanaConnie said...

Oh, now I'm totally torn between the original and the canvas version! Love them both, my friend.

Penny said...

Oh, is this ever sweet! How fun that you added that darling scene to a canvas! Great for hanging! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Angela Hoynes said...

I love this xx

Judy McKay said...

Very lovely card. Thed etails are so pretty and sweet. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous project, Teresa, have a wonderful weekend sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit