Friday, 7 November 2014

Art Journal Pages



Hello Friends,

Boy, it has been quite a while since I posted. I have been creating, just not taking the time to post. I guess it is time to rectify that. :)

I'll start with some journal pages. This first page I started at church a couple of weeks ago after preparing my page with collage. It was a fun way to take notes on the sermon and have it stick in my mind.
I added acrylic paint with my fingers at home
I had painted the eye some time ago and added it to the collage. More acrylic paint helped it to blend in.


Jesus Christ was crucified on a hill named Golgotha which means, "The place of the skull". I decided to define the hill as a skull and the scripture from Genesis 3:15 came to my mind. "He (Satan) will bruise your heel, but you (Jesus) will crush his head." It had never occurred to me before how symbolic it was that Jesus was crucified on "the place of the skull". When his cross was driven into the ground it was symbolic of Satan's head being crushed. I love how God reveals his promises in so many layers. He is the ultimate creative genius. :)

Thanks for dropping by. I will have more posts for you soon.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Paint Party Friday
Word Art Wednesday

4 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful pages!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, love the colours, too. Valerie

Karon said...

One word - WOW!

Penny said...

Another stunning page! I really love the colors you used and that eye is soooo cool! :^)
Hugs, Penny