Sunday, 5 October 2014

Prayer for Israel

Hello Friends,

A few months ago, at a prayer meeting, I started this painting. We were praying for Israel at the time. I painted the image on watercolour paper and then cut it out to paste into a journal page layout.

This is the opposite page in the layout. It looks awfully dreary to me, but I can't think of a way to brighten it up. Any suggestions?

Stencils, inks and acrylic paints. Looks pretty dull to me.
Here is the page with the image which started as an intuitive painting. I love how it turned out.
Acrylics, Gelatos, inks, stencils
Thank you for visiting my blog today. Many blessings on your Sunday.

Hugs,
Teresa

Link-ups & Challenges:
Paint Party Friday - Painted
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Scrapping Everyday Miracles - Find Rest
Anything Goes With a Twist - Anything Goes

11 comments:

NanaConnie said...

I love these pages, Teresa. I always enjoy it when you tell us the stories behind your art. As to how to brighten the prayer page, I personally wouldn't. I think if the two are displayed together, the brightness around Israel is enough and should be focused on the person. It's the giving of the prayer which brightens him. Just my opinion. :-D

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, sweet Friend...what beautiful distinctive artwork. I have also had a deep burden to pray for Israel.

Valerie-Jael said...

I don't think it looks dreary, but perhaps you can add some colour with oil pastels. The second page is just stunning. Good to hear you are praying for Israel. Hugs, Valerie

Annette G said...

Fab pages. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Carole Robb Bisson said...

The two pages look super together, the dark in the first one looks like the problem but right next door is the promise. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fine, fun day, full of glorious giggles, with buckets of blessings from Heaven as you work, and play.
Carole Robb Bisson

Giggles said...

Pretty pages!!

Hugs Giggles

Penny said...

Gorgeous artistry, Teresa! Really beautiful work! :^)
Hugs, Penny

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful pages with great significance and next to each other should complement each other--thanks for joining us at AAGWAT
Carol DT x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

JUST FABULOUS!
xxx Susi
from
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

would be great to meet you there - our current theme is:
DEEP IN THE FOREST

Angela Hoynes said...

Beautiful pages Teresa. Love the face and how all the colours look great together.

DebR said...

These are really cool looking! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.