Saturday, 18 October 2014

Black & White

Hello Friends,

Yesterday I shared a brightly coloured art journal page. Today I am sharing something I have never done before - an art journal layout completely in black & white. This was prompted by the monthly challenge at Jennibellie's Art Journal Workshops titled, "I Have Never".
Most of the artwork on this layout came from saved scraps that I doodled on a few years ago when I was in a stressful time in my life. Doodling the faces gave me a focus for my nervous energy and a simple outlet for creativity, which I desperately needed.
I came across these sketches a couple of months ago and tucked them into a file with the magazine clippings I sometimes use in my art journals, some of which are on this layout. The Zentangle doodles were done within the last few months, but the faces are from years ago.
Some of the paper looks quite yellow in the photos, but it is really only off-white. Some of my faces are a little crazy looking. One was just eyes and a nose. I glued a Zentangled piece over it. Now it looks like the love-child of The Man in the Moon and a Haddock.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate your visit and I'm thrilled when you leave a comment.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

13 comments:

Jackie Scott said...

Theresa didn't even notice your moon child until I read right through to the end - got a chuckle out of your description! It's wonderful that you did these faces long ago and have now made it into a piece that you have finished and can keep!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this oe, very expressive in black and white. Valerie

Lady Anne Milnes Howard said...

Oh Teresa, I just love this, the effect of the black and white send a very strong message, I feel it is saying go steady but sure, we can reach out to the unknown without fear. Like attracts like...
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Karon said...

Wonderful that you kept these and have now put them altogether. Moon child with haddock, indeed LOL! TFS

Patricia St Martin said...

Teresa, Fantastic job on those journal pages, love how you added the Zentangle doodles in their hair that makes a very interesting look. Each face has such a different look. Super job.
Hugs, Pat

Tricia Michael said...

Hi! I had to come find you, I appreciated the comment on my doodle, especially since it's a new blog, so I don't get too many comments. I LOVE your page spread here, and I love that you put your stressful energy into doing your art. Some days, I forget that I feel better when I create. Those are the darkest days, and thankfully they don't happen often. I'm rambling, lol. I look forward to visiting your old posts, I've saved your blog in my blog list so I don't forget!
Trish

Penny said...

Your love-child comment cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh! I needed it this week. ;^)
Really cool pages with your thoughts and doodling! Love all the girls! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a wonderful weekend!

JackieP Neal said...

Great job Theresa!! I give you much credit as I have such a difficult time creating in just black and white- and you did two whole pages! which are both quite beautiful- I add!!
hugs to you! ")

froebelsternchen Susi said...

So very expressive - great!

Penny Odell said...

Teresa, this is amazing!! I love the black and white. So unique and very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing your art with me!!!

NatashaMay said...

Wonderful! Love all the different faces. :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Black and white always looks so stylish!! Thank you for being such an inspiration!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

pauline said...

*the love child of the man on the moon & a haddock*.. LOL!! That cracked me up. i love how you combined something from years ago along with doodles & zen-tangles. i also love that ART helped you get past some of your dark days. Beautiful. xx