Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Young Lizzie

Hello Friends,

Boy, did my Lizzie digi get a lot of attention. She was even featured on Tuesday Morning Sketches FaceBook page. I tried to redraw Lizzie, but she did not turn out the same at all. She looks like a much younger dragon soooooo I decided to call her, "Young Lizzie".

I drew Young Lizzie onto watercolour paper and made this painting as a gift for a friend, which incorporates (and was inspired by) her own original poem. I won't show that as I don't have her permission to do so and if I asked for her permission it would ruin the surprise of the gift.

I used watercolour pan paints, watercolour pencils, chalk pastels and a titch of white acrylic paint.
How do you like that big dragon grin? I love how the sword turned out. I am pleased with how I painted the wings this time too.
I wish I could show you my friend's fabulous poem, but I think you can the idea of it from this painting. This depicts one line in which she refers to "gnarled hands".

At first I was very disappointed that this Lizzie turned out so differently. Then my DH (he's a genius) said, "Maybe this is a teenage Lizzie."

Here is the new digi - Young Lizzie - in JPEG and PNG formats.

JPEG

PNG

Thanks for visiting my blog. If you use one of my Lizzie images, please LIKE and post your project on my FaceBook Page and your name will go into a draw for some happy mail from me.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
All Crafts Challenge - No Cards
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes (optional twist)
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Simon Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Path of Positivity - Determination (Lizzie is determined to not give into negative thinking; I was determined to learn how to draw and I am making good progress.)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (optional twist)

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Ooh I am just loving teenage Lizzie. She looks like a little dragon who knows what she wants and will fight for it. Stunning creative painting Teresa. THANK YOU so much again for being so generous with Lizzie.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A super teen age Lizzie. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

Carole Robb Bisson

Josephine Cox said...

Love your dragon Teresa. Thanks

~ginny said...

How fun that you are drawing your own images - good for you!! Young Lizzie is fun and colorful and I will lay odds your friend will be so delighted with your thoughtful gift! I'm glad you are sharing your project & creativity at our house!
Challenge #91 Anything Goes w/optional use a heart
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Angela Hoynes said...

Well done with your second Lizzie xx

cheryl said...

This is super hun great detail and colours bless you for playing at not just cards this week hope to see you again hugs cheryl xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your Lizzie Dragon is smashing!! Love how brave he looks!! And superbly colored my friend
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Judy McKay said...

Love your dragon. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my DT hat on: Teresa this is just proof that determination can take one to new heights and in your case transforming you into an artist. This is so perfect for our DETERMINATION theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Penny said...

Oh, Teresa! Another wonderfully drawn and beautifully colored piece! My hat goes off to you! This is stunning! Thank you for sharing your images with us! :^)
Hugs, Penny

May said...

WOW...I Love Lizzie..Beautiful piece your colouring is fabulous... Thank you for joining us at Craft my life... Hugs May x x

Zoe said...

Love your images, well done you!! x
Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Pat said...

I love it when crafters create different projects for the Path of Positivity challenges. Your determination to learn and improve your drawing skills, your courage to post what you at first thought was a disappointing image, and your final project, all add up to the perfect attitude toward our challenge! Thanks for sharing, and for playing in this month's Determination challenge at the Path of Positivity!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

I love how much your project reflects determination and totally fits our challenge theme this month on the Path of Positivity blog! Thank you for sharing it with us! Lynda - DT Path of Positivity

Cara Malmrose said...

Young Lizzie is awesome - Perfect image for that teen who already know what they want out of life and are ready to go get it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara