Friday, 19 September 2014

Gift for a Dear Man

Hello Friends,

Recently a dear man in our church, who has enjoyed excellent health his whole 78 years of life, suddenly fell ill. He had numerous (close to 30) heart attacks, literally dying many times. Each time the team was able to revive him, but he was left with dead, blackened limbs. Once he was strong enough for surgery, the painful limbs were amputated. He was left with one hand and a thumb.

You can imagine how we felt on hearing the news and going to visit him in the hospital for the first time. We went to cheer him up, but dear Albert actually encouraged us.

The Lord had shown him, in a vision, that by accepting the surgery and its results he would be able to help very many people; much more than if God simply healed him. Then the Lord allowed him to choose - healing or the loss of his limbs. This dear saint chose the latter, for the love of his fellow man. He is more assured of God's love for him than ever and remains full of joy and peace, as is his family too.

My son asked me to read Psalm 71 to Albert on our visit. Albert said, "I think that Psalm will be my theme for this time in my life." On the way home my son & husband suggested I make some kind of gift for Albert with Psalm 71.

Since it is a rather long chapter, I took only a portion and added it to an older painting that I touched up. Then I framed it and added to the glass a little wooden crown I decorated. I apologize for the glare and reflection on the glass.
Sometimes the road to glory is paved in darkness and seems to have no end.
I hope you have been touched and encouraged by dear Albert's story today. God is good. All the time. Even when we don't understand.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Creating in Faith, Hope & Love - Scripture
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Paint Party Friday - Anything painted

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your gift to Albert is very precious, he is a brave man! All the best for him and you! Valerie

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Thank you so much for joining our 150th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I thank God for your participation and I pray you will have a day filled with joy and for your friend from church.

Carole Robb Bisson

Twist of Pink said...

Amen, and thanks for sharing this.
Happy PPF!

Susan Carol said...

What an amazing story. Your friend will love your gift, its beautiful, and the scripture is perfect.

Neesie said...

What a very moving post Teresa,
You're beautiful gift will be treasured I'm sure by Albert and his family.
Blessings to you all

Claire said...

What a post, and what a precious piece of art! Thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment :)
Happy PPF!

Patricia St Martin said...

This is a wonderful thing to do for him. This story is so wonderful as life can be so kind and we never know what the next day will be. That you for sharing this with us.
Hugs, Pat

McCrafty's Cards said...

Teresa. Alberts story is so touching and your gift I feel is perfect for him, he will be able to look at it and feel uplifted everyday, may the good Lord bless you for your kindness
Kevin xx

Giggles said...

A wonderful act of love for a precious soul! Beautiful!

Hugs Giggles

Angela Hoynes said...

Teresa such a moving story, Albert will be thrilled with your gift. You are such a loving and inspiring person, blessings Angela xx

bellefrogworks said...

I have tears in my eyes - he is truly one of God's special children. What a witness to others. Your gift is lovely and what an encouragement to a lovely man.

Beth Niquette said...

What love artwork, Teresa--but also, your story--so touching. Sometimes heartache and suffering are meant for blessing others.

((hugs)) Thank you for sharing this story.

Penny said...

What a fantastic gift! Love the beautiful scene you created for your friend! I hope his recovery goes well! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Desire Fourie said...

What an amazing story and endearing person Albert is. Your gift to him wonderfully reflects his spirit and I am sure he will be treasuring it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}