Thursday, 18 September 2014

Calling All Davids

Two weekends ago I went to some special church meetings where the guest speaker was a prophet of God. I took my art bag with dry medium - pencils, Prisma Colour pencils and Prismacolor art sticks.

On the first night I felt the Presence of God as a lion. His face was huge, like Aslan of Narnia. He felt so warm & soft and seemed about to kiss me. I started to draw a lion, but the drawing turned into more of a lion-man. You can see the post here. That was Friday, September 5.

Just before the Saturday meeting began I started softly scribbling with my Prisma art sticks. I had no picture in mind, but a face suggested itself to me on the page. I literally began tracing what my imagination was seeing. I had a sense that the young man I was drawing was King David when he was still a shepherd boy. Imagine my surprised delight when the guest speaker started reading about David when he was still a shepherd boy, just come to King Saul's palace. David was known as a warrior and king, but also as a passionate worshipper of God. The guest speaker began leading us in singing, "Calling all Davids" as a prophetic cry for true worshippers of God to rise up. I added that phrase to my drawing.


I later added the musical notes and circles of fire to represent passionate worship of God.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. If some of what I have said is confusing to you I would be glad to answer your questions. Just leave a comment and I will send you a reply.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

4 comments:

Angela Hoynes said...

Great art page, love your style of writing. Do you draw it in pencil first? I think David is such an inspiration, he got things so right and then he got things so wrong, but he repented.

Penny said...

Amazing. What I said for your lion-man goes ditto for this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

Another great art page - love it!

Jo Ann said...

Such a great use of Prisma art sticks. Amazing coloring of the face. We truly blessed that you joined our Challenge last week and hope you'll join us again here at Word Art Wednesday...I want to leave you with God's Word in Psalm 40:4, "Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Hugs and blessings always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com