Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Art Journal Page

Hello Friends,

Today I have another art journal page to share with you. It was a inspired by a forgotten poem I found on a scrap of paper. I have no idea when I first wrote it.

I did the background of this page (paint, stencils, texture paste, collage) some time ago. I used an Artist Cellar stencil at that time to outline the face too.
Acrylics, water colours, stamps, markers & gel pens
I had fun making the fantasy 'hair' for this girl, using stamps, markers, watercolour paints and watery white acrylic paint.

Magazine clipping, zentangle-inspired butterfly & original poem.
Silk flowers with pearl centers, dots on roses with white gel pen.
Can you see my funky bird in her 'hair'?
Gold & white gel pens for the necklace; watercolours for the dress.
Zentangle-inspired butterfly coloured with water-based markers.
Those beautiful roses are a collage from a scrap of wrapping paper.
The first part of my poem.
The 2nd part of my poem.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Art Journal Journey - Living Beings
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (no cards)
Crafts and Me - Time for Anything
Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes (altered art)
The Mirror Crack'd - Mixed Media
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Simon Monday Challenge - Stencil (used stencils on the background and the face) or stamp
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes/Optional pink
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Felicia Aaron said...

Simply beautiful expression! I love it! Blessings! :)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Teresa this is another Teresa special. Such an amazing arty creation with such vibrant colouring. You have painted the girl stunningly.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Becca Cruger said...

The texture, expression, and color in this get an A+ from me!

Penny said...

Another wonderful, artistic journal creation, Teresa! Love the girl, especially the hair treatment! Way cool! You added an inspired poem to make this a fab piece! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Debby said...

very artistic Teresa - lovely work - Lovely detail
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart in this weeks challenge.
Debby (DT)

CraftingMum said...

Lovely work, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your art journal pages are awesome. Love those beautiful colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)