Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Playing with Water Colours

Hello Friends,

Last weekend I picked up a cheap (about $2) set of pan water colour paints. A couple of months ago I got a cool layered stamp set on clearance at Wal-mart. I paid less than a third of the craft store price for it.

First I stamped all 3 layers in VersaMark ink on watercolor paper; then heat-embossed with SU Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. Then I had a play with my new watercolor paints. I finished by going lightly over the surface with a baby wipe to remove excess paint from the embossing. I dry-embossed orange cardstock and adhered my water color piece to it, adding photo corners to the piece. A bow, sentiment and a couple of K&Co. butterfly stickers pretty much finished the card.


I heat-embossed the stamped sentiment in bronze.
I love these K&Co. stickers. I got them on clearance too.
These are Momenta puff stickers.
I used another of my practice pieces for the inside.

If you haven't gotten it before, here is my 2014 birthday sentiment. Left-click to enlarge; right-click and select "save as" to save the files to your computer. If you use it on your projects, a mention would be nice, but is not necessary. Enjoy.



JPEG

PNG
Thanks for stopping in. I hope you are enjoying your day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
The Outlawz Color Challenge - bronze plus two other colours of your choice
A Gem of a Challenge - embossing
All Sorts Challenge - All Sentimental
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes
Treasured Times - Anything Goes
Craft-Dee Bowz - Anything Goes with a handmade bow
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Add Yellow
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Sparkle & Sprinkle - Anything Goes with glitter, embossing powder or flocking
Stamp & Create - Anything Goes
Pinspirational Challenge #120 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle



15 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Your card is beautiful and I love your color choices. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Vicki robertson said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combination that you used. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August Challenge.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Karon said...

WOW - this is beautiful. Fabulous stamp and love the wonderful array of colours! TFS

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Teresa! Love the embossed "Rejoice" and that stamp is marvelous. Don't you just love grabbing bargains when you find them? :-D

Penny said...

Really beautiful, Teresa! Love the design, embossing & coloring! Fab sentiment, too, and thank you! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Angela Hoynes said...

Lovely card Teresa, love the blend of colours xx

Helene E said...

Just popped by to admire your creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

Shoregirl said...

I've been playing around with the emboss resist technique of late as well. Looks like you had fun with your new watercolors!

Desire Fourie said...

Teresa this is a wonderful creation. The shades of autumn is just so vibrant. Thanks again for sharing the sentiment xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely colours. Thank you for sharing at crafting at the weekend challenge. Good luck.

alethea said...

This is beautiful... Love all the colours... Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our Bring me Sunshine Challenge! Hugsxx

haththi said...

Adorable design. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart - good luck!

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Gorgeous!!!Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Belinda said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again!
Hugs
Belinda
belinda-lovestamping.blogspot.com