Friday, 25 July 2014

Revisitation

Hello Friends,

On Journal Workshops the challenge this week is "Revisitation". The idea is to take an old journal page (or piece of art) and change it in some way, subtle or drastic.

Earlier this week I shared two intuitive art pieces that I finger-painted with Gelatos at a conference last weekend. At that time I figured they were finished. Here they are again.


I knew the paintings were connected, but the backgrounds were not alike, nor were the images similar in colour. I also wanted to add a scriptural interpretation since I believe these were inspired by God as they were created out of my worship.

About mid-week, after praying and also asking for insight from a few friends, I was ready to revisit these paintings.

First, if they were going to be the two-page layout I was after, I had to punch binder holes on the left of the bride page. Then I created masks for the two images and created matching backgrounds in acrylic paints. It was hard to cover the original background in the bride page (I loved it), but I knew I wouldn't be able to duplicate it. I also needed colours that would compliment both paintings and pull them together.
I camouflaged the original holes on the bride page with sequins and added flourishes, which I duplicated on the other page.



I added detail to the baby and the rest of the image. I used Prisma pencils, paint, markers, pens - pretty much anything that found its way into my hands.
I used yellow Prisma pencils and white paint around the image and added some white glitter on top of the left side.


While I kind of miss the original background on the bride painting, I think the end result of the two pages together is much better. It was Jennibellie's challenge, and the others who have risen to it, that gave me the courage to mess with the original paintings that I liked so well. Now I like them even better.

Thank you for stopping by. If you are interested to know more about these paintings and the meaning behind them, feel free to send me a personal e-mail at teresaa@eastlink.ca

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
 Journal Workshops - Revisitation
Paint Party Friday - Anything Painted
All Crafts Challenge - Anything, but no cards

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, and the paintings have a deep meaning for you. Valerie

NanaConnie said...

Much as I loved these two in their original state, Teresa, I am in awe of the revisited edition! Love your scripture choice -- it's absolutely perfect.

Penny said...

Loved both inspired pieces as you originally created them. But I love them just as much now with your revisions! Really beautiful artistry, Teresa! :^)
Hugs, Penny

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Teresa! Beautiful revisits!!! The originals were wonderful and I really like what you did later this week. Great job and good listening. For me that always helps too! Hugs, Rasz

Beth Niquette said...

There is such a softness about your artwork. It is lovely.

Karon said...

Wonderful transformation! Beautiful! TFS