Monday, 14 July 2014

Painted Sticker Card

Hello Friends,

Yesterday I showed you a set of stickers my son surprised me with - just because. I made a round easel card with one of the owl stickers in the set. Next I used the tree sticker to make a card.

I really liked the form of the tree, but I didn't care for its dead state. It needed some colour in my opinion AND some leaves.

I used Gelatos on watercolor paper for my background, markers on the trunk & branches; then added foliage with acrylic paints.


This tree put me in mind of a favorite scripture, which is perfect for the recipient.

The inside
Green & blue Gelatos around the border
Gold & pink Gelatos for the 'crown'
I am pleased with how this turned out
A friend recently warned me that Gelatos could be addictive. Too late, NC. I'm hooked now. :)

Thanks for visiting me today. I hope I have inspired you in some way.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Amusing Challenge - Watercolor (watercolor paper used with acrylics and Gelatos)
Crafting at the Weekend - Always Anything Goes
Pumpkin Spice - Anything Goes
Time 4 Scrap - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Inspirational
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

wow your artwork is so beautiful . I have never tried gelatos!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

K8 said...

That is a stunning card, love the color you have use!! Have to try something with Gelatos, never done anything with it!! Hugs Kate xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful and love how you altered the look of the tree sticker
Carol x

Carole Robb Bisson said...

This is amazing. Thank you for posting this wonderful art at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

Penny said...

Oh, so pretty, Teresa! Love the bg! And that tree is just beautiful! I also love the embossing you did on this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

laurigami said...

Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at Time4scrap.
lauri/Dt-T4S

Shoregirl said...

I love the colors you chose to go along with your tree sticker! You did a great job of adding leaves to the winter tree!

crafty-stamper said...

Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
Carol DT x