Thursday, 3 July 2014

Christmas in July at The Outlawz

Hello Peeps,

It's Christmas in July at The Outlawz this week on the Twisted Thursday challenge group and I have been invited to Guest Design.

 For my Christmas card I used an image by this week's sponsor, Anne's Digital Art. I wanted to do something a little different so I made a scalloped circle easel card.

I took this shot before I added Stickles to the flower center and transparent Pearlen Pen on the berries.
This is after the Stickles and Pearlen Pen were applied. I sort of wish I'd left well enough alone.
This is a handmade embellishment. I used a tutorial by Desire Fourie. You can find it here.
An above view of the handmade embellishment. I might make a bunch of these with my scraps someday.
I did not intend to set the Washi tapes on an angle, but I think it was a lucky mistake.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you are having a great day.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

10 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Teresa, this is gorgeous. I just love it all..so Christmassy. hugs, Ursula

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Teresa, this is a stunning decorative circle easel design. I just adore the cheerful Christmas spirit with the beautiful poinsettias. I am so pleased you managed to create your beautiful folded circle with the aid of one of my tutorials. It really looks fab. And thanks for the shout out xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Susan Carol said...

Wow, what an amazing card! I've never seen a circle easel card, befoer, its lovely.

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Teresa! Love the shape and the easel. Incredible coloring, of course. :-D Even if I have time to play along this week, I doubt that I'll get anything Christmas-y done. I have such a huge stash of Christmas cards already, if I didn't make another one until December I'd still have some for 2015! :-D

Pia S said...

Your Christmas card is so beautiful, Teresa! You did a great job coloring Anne's poinsettia image and I love your choice of colors and design for plenty of traditional Christmas feel. Well done!
Thanks for guest designing with us over at twisted Thursday this week!

Penny said...

Really beautifully designed, Teresa! Love the way the Washi tapes were added! And that poinsettia is just gorgeous! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Stampindamour said...

Teresa -

This is SUPER cute! Love the details and unique shape!

Happy 4th of July! ♥

-pamela

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love the Christmas spirit it shows.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Jean Chaney said...

Wow, Teresa, I didn't know you did cards also until I followed you back from the comment you left on my art journaling blog. I also do cards and have another blog for that (who doesn't have three blogs? HAHA) That one is http://tanglestreetjournals.blogspot.com/ and I would love your honest input and suggestions. I am a newbee cardmaker and need all the help I can get! I love your card and I can't even imagine figuring out how to do anything so beautiful.

Shoregirl said...

Beautiful poinsettia and adorable shaped card!