Thursday, 12 June 2014

Inspiration Journal - Worship

Hello Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Today I would like to share a very personal journal page with you. It is about the love I have for my God and how I feel when I am worshiping him. I'll let the pictures do the speaking for me.

I used an Artist Cellar stencil to outline the face and then painted with acrylics.
I used stencils for the words, acrylic paint and gel pens.
The large butterflies and flower are cut-outs from an old calendar.
I stenciled "Worship" onto cardstock, used a gold gel pen and silver embossing powder, and cut out each letter. After gluing the letters to the page, I outlined each with a black gel pen to make them stand out better.
The background is mixed media with papers, paints, stencils, modeling paste and Gelatos.
I love this pin. I removed the back and glued it on top of one of my calendar cut-out butterflies.
I traced around the butterflies with a dark brown marker and added antennae with a gel pen.
A candid shot a photographer in our church congregation took of me (worshiping) on Mother's Day.
A zentangle-inspired butterfly I doodled a couple of months ago.
I love my Artist Cellar face stencils. They have freed me to just paint and not worry about getting all of the proportions correct. The butterfly sequins have been in my stash since the dawn of time. (slight exaggeration)
I outlined the little butterflies with a silver gel pen. The face and hair are painted with acrylics.
Thanks once again for stopping by. I hope I have inspired you in some way today.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - inspirational
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Stencils
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Paint Party Friday - paint
Crafty Girls Challenges - Anything Goes

26 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful pages Teresa, your techniques are fabulous, gorgeous colours and a beautiful image!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful pages Theresa, and good that your faith gives you so much inspiration and comfort! Valerie

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a beautiful work of art. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at TTCRD.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Felicia Aaron said...

Teresa, love, love, love this page! It reflects what worship is all about! I love that shot of you on Mother's Day....your heart expressed! Blessings!

Felicia Aaron said...

Teresa, love, love, love this page! It reflects what worship is all about! I love that shot of you on Mother's Day....your heart expressed! Blessings!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

What great pictures of your love. The pages are so creative, especially the color combo and layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. God Bless You!
Carole Robb Bisson

Marji said...

Journal pages are such a wonderful way to express our thoughts and feelings. This is just beautiful and so very personal. Beautiful

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful Teresa with such wonderful meaning.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Penny said...

Wow, simply stunning, Teresa! :^)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Linda said...

beautiful pages, and I love the photo you added-perfect! Happy PPF!

Francine Rossoni said...

Beautiful layout, colors, and most important the worship aspects of your art.

Penny Odell said...

WOW Teresa!!! What a amazing journal page!! Love the colors and inspiration!

Karon said...

Stunning. Love all the attention to detail, your wonderful photo and love the angel pin. Have a great weekend.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Wow I love this face and her hair is the best. Very nice indeed
Nicole/Beadwright

Giggles said...

Wonderful pages and lovely photo of you! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs Giggles

Simona Cordara said...

What a beautiful page!

susupetal said...

I love the expression on her face, so serene, and that hair! Wind and freedom.
Beautiful work.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great spread. You nailed the self-portrait. Great job.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

so beautiful! AMAZING!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Lovely! The butterflies are amazing and the colors are so pretty! Beautiful words too.

Mari Huertas said...

Super Original hair that extended like a sun. Saludos

Cindy D. said...

I love the butterflies. Great colors!

Clare Lloyd said...

love your journal page

Ann said...

Love the colorful butterflies!

cheiron said...

Fabulous page. I love the face! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Stencil It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

Erin Bentley said...

Hi, A lovely project, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafty Girls this fortnight. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner x