Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Inspiration Journal - UPDATE

Hey there crafty friends,

Last night I watched another of Jennibellie's Inspiration Station videos AND my husband brought home a package from the post that contained a new-to-me product called "Perlen Pen". You know how it is when you get a new product or when you watch an inspiring technique video. I had to pounce on my journal cover page once more. Even though I was pleased with it before, I like it even better now. I hope you like the improvements too.

Jennibellie suggests adding elements that inspire you.
I have read the biographies of Saint Theresa of Liseaux 2-3 times. She inspires me.
I picked up this at Michael's and added some Pearlen Pen magic for dimension. It inspires me to paint.
A friend told me this year that he saw me as a butterfly about to burst forth from my cocoon, so butterflies inspire me now.
The Artist Cellar stencil I used for the face had a closed eye. I decided to make mine partially opened. When I added some white for teeth (instead of the closed mouth of the stencil)  I realized I had given her an over-bite. I left it that way because I have a sweet young friend who has an over-bite. As I've gotten to know her, I find that her 'imperfection' is actually part of her beauty and charm. She inspires me with her gentle, kind and giving nature.
Water puts me in mind of Holy Spirit, my biggest and best inspiration. I added some bubbles with my new Perlen Pen.
The word reminds me to be inspired and to inspire others as well.
To make the letters stand out I added dots with a gold gel pen and then outlined each letter with a white gel pen.
Daisies inspire me with their simplicity. They always seem so hopeful and happy to be just who they are. Saint Theresa is often called Theresa of the Roses, but the saint would have called herself a simple daisy rather than a rose. In fact, she often referred to her lifestyle as following "The little ways of love".
Yes, I definitely like this embellished cover page best.

Hello Friends,

About a week ago I discovered a social network called, "Jennibellie's Journal Workshops". I have been taking Jennibellie's free workshop to make an Inspiration Station and Inspiration Journal. What a great idea this is for kicking your creativity into gear.

This inspiration journal is made of one large page which is folded into eight sections. It makes for a pretty fast journal with pages that coordinate beautifully because the background is done all at once.

Today I finished my cover page. I used one of my new Artist Cellar stencils to outline the face. Then I painted it and added 'hair' that is supposed to look like water. I got two sets of the face stencils for my birthday in April. I love them and hope they will help me to improve my skill at drawing faces.

I used an older stencil for the blossoms, then added stems and leaves with paint and a black gel pen. Then I added the word, "INSPIRE" with my new (50% off) Martha Stewart adhesive stencils. They were lovely to use.

The background is mixed media: paint, Gelatos, Spackle, stencils and various gift wrap papers that I really like.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you will pay Jennibellie as visit and look at one of her videos. She has a delightful British accent and a lovely heart.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes
Paint Party Friday - Anything Goes, using paint
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Inklings & Yarns - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesdays - Inspiring
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Magical

10 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a beautiful and creative piece of art. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for sharing with us, and please know how very grateful I am to have you share with us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Paula Jennings said...

beautiful!

Angela Hoynes said...

Wow Teresa, this is marvellous xx

Lori Howatt said...

YOu are so talented!! This is a work of art! Beautiful!

Anne Milnes Howard said...

How wonderful your page is and I can see that this page is about you and your journey and it is so very special. I love all the different textures you have used, you are coming along in leaps and bounds since joining Jenny's group...
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Karon said...

This is a beautiful journal. I love all the elements and the inspiration that you have gotten from each part of the art work. Fabulous. Have a great weekend.

Penny said...

WOW! Really fabulous, Teresa! Love it embellished, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Eileen Dobson said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

How sweet and lovely she is! I love her hair, it is magnificent!

Anne Fenton said...

Teresa, this is fantastic.. I love it and the embellisments look lovely.