Sunday, 15 June 2014

Craft Room ReDo - Post Three

Hello again,

I hope you are enjoying my craft space redo on a next to nothin' budget. I am only about halfway to the finish line, but here are a few more areas that are completed or coming along.

Directly behind my desk is our home office filing cabinet. Incidentally, it was a thrift store find that I spray-painted and put a glass tile top on. (In retrospect, I would have just painted the whole thing.) My Big Shot is on the left and my power bar is to the right. The 3-tier corner shelf was a yard sale find.

This little case was a yard sale find. Right now it holds my large tube paints, but that may change. Beneath it is my Masterson's Stay Wet paint palette, which I LOVE. It keeps my mixed acrylic paints wet almost indefinitely. I can pick up where I left off at any time, even if I only have a few minutes to play. While I scrimp on things like storage, I believe good tools are a worthy investment. Fortunately, I had a 50% off coupon and got this at Michael's for about $10.
This shelf was a yard sale find that is awaiting a new purpose in my craft space.





Pretty things inspire me, but I like them best if they have a practical function as well. This porcelain basket holds my paper-clay embellishments. This lovely butterfly will display tags and cards that are too nice to tuck away. Even nicer than pretty and practical is the fact that I found these beauties at yard sales and paid next to nothing for them. Now that makes me smile.

A bit of wall space next to my board and the filing cabinet on which sits my Big Shot machine. Shelves were yard sale finds.

This spice cupboard was a yard sale find that houses my embossing powders, glitter, Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

This shelf unit holds dies, embossing folders, mats, texture plates & multi-purpose platform for my Big Shot.

Yes, this darling shelf was also a yard sale find. Its pegs hold baskets (YS) with paints and my heat gun.

This jar (YS) holds a collection of fabric appliques that were given to me by a dear friend.


This YS curio shelf is perfect for storing small containers of embellishments where I can easily see them.

My brads are on the left side, separated into dollar store containers by colour.

Sequins on the right; more dollar store containers.




I bought this lovely piece for a quarter. I love porcelain roses.

The shelf was another YS find. I will probably change what is on it, but it is at least neat for the time being.


This is the wall behind my desk, next to my window. The corner shelf holds an inspiring print given to me years ago by a dear friend. It is flanked by blue birds (S&P). The upper shelf holds a picture of my dearly departed rabbit that a friend sent in a hand-crafted frame as a sympathy gift. So thoughtful. To the left is a recently made mixed media art piece that I did of a favorite scripture verse.

While functional storage is my top priority, I think it is also important to have a craft space that inspires me and makes me smile.

Stay tuned for more posts in the next few days of my getting-better-all-of-the-time craft space.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

8 comments:

Ariel said...

Wow! Teresa love your art storage shelves. I love yard sales too. You have found so many useful things.
Have a great week

ursula Uphof said...

Love seeing your craft room taking on a new look Teresa. I work from a space in my spare bedroom, which I have made just perfect for my crafting. We will be moving in 2 months to a retirement village with a lovely new home. There I will have the study as my space, sharing with the PC, which is great. At present it is in another space. I will be taking photos of my present room, and am trying in my mind to see how I will reorganise to have it as functional as now. Exciting, but challenging. Thanks for sharing your craft space. hugs, Ursula

Penny said...

Good for you getting so organized! I hide most everything in drawers and behind cabinet doors. But I still have a mess. Someday maybe I'll get around to cleaning up my mess as well! ;^)
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

So organised, and so love all your fabulous shelving. What a great eclectic craft room you have! TFS.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW I see you love porcelain just like me!! Off to read the other posts

Penny Odell said...

Beautiful craftroom Teresa! Love all the little shelves and spaces you have created to put things. It all looks so organized. I wish mine was half this organized. I love porcelain roses too. I can't help but buy them when I go to thrift stores.

Shoregirl said...

Your craft room makeover is coming along nicely! I love the results of sorting, pitching, and organizing -- so rewarding!

Angela Hoynes said...

So tidy! I must go and do mine!!