Saturday, 29 March 2014

Sweet Freedom Art Journal Page

Hello Friends,

My art journaling adventure has slowed down a bit as other things have clammered for my attention. The page I am sharing with you today I actually did last week during a personal time of prayer and worship. That is how I originally started to paint. In my very first painting, which was a combination of chalks and paint, a face and a bird began to emerge so I went with it. Something similar happened with this journal page.

Finished journal page. I generally don't stop to take pictures during the process in case it breaks my creative flow.

As I played with colours and textures, the suggestion of a face began to emerge so I went with it.
I used gold and white gel pens for the sentiment.
Words clipped from an old magazine. I clipped these at another time and saved them.
Some of the paint came off on one side of her hair when I mod-podged the sentiment. I kind of like it.
I masked this picture from the original book page while I did my background. I embellished her later with a die cut negative for a frame that I painted and embossed. Sentiment is another magazine cut-out.
Painted dove and magazine cut-out "inspired".
Verse is WordArtByKaren
A molted feather from my pet dove. My cat took it for an adventure when I left my book open to dry on the first night. It is a little worse for the wear, but I stuck it back on anyway. Another magazine cut-out for the word "pure".

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed looking. If I have inspired you at all, I am delighted.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges:
Paint Party Friday - Linky Party

4 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are gorgeous pages Teresa, I love them
Kevin xx

Lady Anne said...

I just love seeing how you are changing in your art as you move along it is so marked how you are trying different things and each time I see you growing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful joural journey with us all...
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Annabelle said...

Very lovely pages Theresa. I love the way you painted the dove, you embraced it's heavenly softness and beauty.

Annabelle : )

Penny said...

Very, very cool. :^)
Hugs, Penny