Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Something Different

Hello Friends,

My Tickell Expressions blog is the place where I get to express my creativity in all of its diverse forms. For my next two posts, I would like to share crochet projects I have recently made.

I hadn't crocheted for awhile, until I started going to a little needlework group in January. It was a distance to go for my crocheting friends and me so I started having the group at my home every Tuesday afternoon. It is so nice to sit with friends, chatting while our hands busy making pretty and practical items. I am always so surprised at the end of our sessions with how our works are progressing.

The first project I completed in our little group is a poncho, made with a specialty yarn given to me by a friend. I made a scarf with the leftover yarn, but I didn't take a pic of it.

My inspector moves in for a closer look.
She closely examines the stitches, checking for any flaws.
Whew! My new poncho has passed inspection, cat scan and all.
When winter finally leaves Prince Edward Island, I look forward to wearing this cozy wrap over a turtleneck sweater or long-sleeved top.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
 My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Free Pretty Things for you Linky Party

3 comments:

Penny said...

Lol, love the "cat scan"! :^)
Your poncho is so pretty--love the wonderful yarn texture and colors! :^)
Hugs, Penny

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous colors in the poncho, Teresa! This so makes me want to crochet again but I'm afraid those days are over for me. The fingers just don't work the same way they did in younger years. Still, I'm itching to ask if the pattern is one which might be available in my area. lol Silly, huh, if I'm not going to be able to crochet?

Karon said...

Beautiful colours! Fabulous and LOL! at the CAT-SCAN :-)