Saturday, 22 March 2014

Art Journaling at a Retreat

A couple of weeks ago I went to a retreat with a large group of ladies from my church. At that time I had been keeping an art journal (my first) for nearly one week. I took it with me on the retreat and that is when I really fell in love with art journaling. It is a way for me to express my feelings and explore my creativity, but I found that it is also a way for me to connect with God.

I prepared a couple of pages before the retreat and added to them later.
The pink & white paper is from the booklet we each got. I used it for taking notes.
I watched a video on Zentangle doodling and thought I'd give it a try.
I brought a few cut-outs along. My friend drew the dress for my doll.
I completed the tags later at home.
My final page includes pages from the booklet each lady was given and a bracelet we made.
Thanks for sharing part of this journey with me. It is lovely to have you along.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Challenges Entered:
Paint Party Friday - Link Party
Creative Corner - Texture
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes (Optional - texture)
Altered Eclectics - Anything Altered Goes (Altered old book into art journal)
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Altered Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
Just For Fun - Anything Goes
Just B Creative Crazy - Anything Goes Linky Party

12 comments:

Lady Anne said...

Hello Teresa, I can see how the retreat has changed your art for the better I might add. It is as if you have added a big part of you to your journal now that was missing before. I love the pink pages which to me sums up the love you felt on your retreat. You are really broadening out into new areas and what is lovely is that you are also open to all of it. Thank you for sharing yourself we me...
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

Annabelle said...

Hi Teresa,

Looks like your ladies retreat was a real inspiration and relaxation all in one. Love the journal pages.

Annabelle m..m

Dia said...

Teresa, what a lovely idea, to prepare several pages ahead of the retreat, then add to them with quotes and pieces from the booklet!
And what an enriching experience, BLéSSïNgS this sunny Sunday!

Penny said...

Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful time designing at your retreat! These are some more really unique pages--really love the Zentangle you did! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Karon said...

Fabulous pages and full of inspirational quotes. TFS

NanaConnie said...

I saw the first two pages of this over on Outlawz and commented there, but they are still a great collage work! I love what you're doing with this journal. :-D

Pia S said...

I can tell from the look of these pages that you enjoyed making them! I've never made an art journal page, but I'm feeling really inspired seeing your work. I think it would be a great way for me to try out different styles, as well as trying to catalogue my images and dies, it could serve as a book of inspiration when mojo is lacking...

tampatha said...

This is a perfect use of texture! Love it! Thanks for joining our texture challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
Tammy DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely post about your art journal. Very inspiring. Love the colours and textures you used and wow...you sure put a lot into it. Very nice indeed.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

michele said...

Fabulous art journaling Teresa thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Sammy said...

Great journalling! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous journalling....I must do some more in mine lol.Thank you for joining in last month at Altered Eclectics
Elaine aka Ellapu
Owner
Altered Eclectics
&
Eclectic Ellapu