Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Adventures in Art Journaling - Part Two

Hello again,

I hope you enjoyed my last post about my first art journal. Today I will show you my first page.

I used more paper than paint on this 1st page. The flower pots are from a sheet of wrapping paper.
You can see some of my painted & stamped book jacket to the left.
The bible is a 3D sticker. Isn't it sweet?
This 1st page originally had a library pocket for 'due back' cards. I removed it, took it apart and made my own pattern for library pockets. This is one that I made.
The left side has a stamped sentiment with a die cut negative frame.
The eye is an original artwork ATC by me. I stenciled the tag (below the eye) with texture paste, which I embossed with copper embossing powder. Then I distressed it with inks.
My tags for the library pocket I made.
I made this tag some time ago and was just waiting for the opportunity to use it.
A simple tag with circle tag attached. The circle tag was stenciled with texture paste. I painted it with copper metallic acrylic paint and Almost Navy SU ink.
Back of the Dream Big tag
Back of flower tag
Sentiment on left side of page
Thanks for sharing this new journey with me. It is always fun to travel with friends.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

PS - In my next post I will show you how I made my library pocket.

Challenges Entered:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (optional twist)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Craft My Life - Anything But a Card
Artistic Inspiration - Anything Goes (optional twist)
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Anything Goes
Crafty Card Makers - Mixed Media
Love to Create - Anything Goes
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Distress
Vintage Stamping Challenge - Just for You
Creating in Faith, Hope & Love - Anything with a scripture

20 comments:

Chasing the Dream said...

Wow Teresa, this is awesome, just love all of those details and design.
Hugs

Lady Anne said...

Love this page you have done, I and the pocket too with the tags, such a great idea. Thank you for your inspiration again :)
Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

NanaConnie said...

I've been reading about art journals, Teresa, and yours is marvelous! I may have to get busy and do one of these. Love the papers you've used and your photo essay is really good. Thanks!

Michelle said...

This is such a beautiful project - WOW! Thank you for joining us this week for the Love To Create challenge.

fiona walker said...

A fantastic art journal love the layout and how you have created it it has so much detail. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Artistic Inspirations.
Good luck
Fiona dt. x

Monica Taylor said...

Lots of creativity and thought put into this journal. Just fantastic! Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create. Monica, DT

Karon said...

Wonderful first page - love all the papers and quotes.

Crea-Sandra said...

Gorgeous creation, I love the colors!
Thanks for joining us at Love to Create!
♥ Sandra ♥

Lin said...

Wow the first page too! Thanks for joining us again with this lovely project

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Angela Hoynes said...

So glad you found Kristal Norton helpful, great work!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely art journalingfor Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 81: anything goes , Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous first page, so many details and things to see. thanks for sharing it at CCM&M.
Yvonne

Ruza Rebel said...

Awesome journalling pages ... Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Alrik Gerlach said...

It´s beautiful.

Penny said...

How fun for you to create this journal! You really show your style and interests in it! Really great collection of details! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Dots Dabbles said...

Wow, great layering and colour! A great journal page - you can't get more personal than a journal page...great job!
Thanks for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges this month.
Dot x

Kathy Freeman said...

Lovely card, thank you for entering the MCC challenge and good luck...Kathy x

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely journal page. so many lovely thoughts captured in your page. Thanks for playing along with us in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Jen said...

Beautiful Project, Teresa!!! Thank You for playing along with me in the Faith Hope Love Scripture Challenge! May your day and week be a blessed one, and I hope you have a chance to play along with me this week as well!!!

Blessings,
Jen
www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com


Mrs A. said...

Your art journal page is a delight to look at. So many elements each a little master piece in itself. I love the ATC eye, my favourite part of the page. Thank you for showing us over at Craft My Life challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (DT.)